Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic link insufficient permissions

Quinten Vandenhoeck July 6, 2022

Hi all,

Unfortunately, I am having an issue when trying to add an epic link (created by a team member) to a Jira ticket (created by me).
It mentions that I have insufficient permissions. I have however not yet found how I can adapt my permissions or what kind of permissions I would need.

Does anyone now how to fix the issue? 

Thanks already.

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You will need to talk to the project admins for the project that the issues that you are trying to edit are in.

Like Quinten Vandenhoeck likes this
Quinten Vandenhoeck July 6, 2022

Okay good to know.

And do you by any chance have any link explaining how they can add me to that project. 

The issue is that he is unaware of how to add my permissions relating to epic links.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2022

I don't know how your system is set up, so no, I can't really.

Your project admin should be able to go to project admin -> users and add you to a role.  But I can't know if the role grants the permissions you need it to.

If your permissions have been done by group, or individual or something else, not by role, then you'll need to talk to your Jira admins about getting the permission added, or getting yourself into the right group(s) etc.

Quinten Vandenhoeck July 7, 2022

Good to know. Thans a lot for the support !! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events