cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email on Field update

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2017

HI all,

I know it requires a unique listener to send notification upon a given field change in Jira.  Writing my own listener seems a little uneasy for me as Jira is a base of this company, and not 100% knowing what I am doing, adding code to it seems a bit unsettling.   I have found this asked quite a bit around the web, so it would seem to me to be useful and profitable for someone to write a basic plug-in that is just an event listener that can send out a notification upon a given field being changed.    So it has a select list of fields and an To: list would be good enough for me.   Choose the field I am interested in, and who to send an email when said field is changed. in any issue.  What even would be nicer if there could be a JQL around it.  So I would only get notification of say duedate changing if "project = xyz and issuetype = hotfix"

Has anyone written a plugin like that?  I would presume it would be profitable.

Just curious...

...Robert

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events