EOL

whtan December 18, 2019

Hi team, 

if the version is  EOL eg: jira software 7.13.11  . can we still upgrade to a newer version  ?

1 comment

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2019

Hi @whtan ,

end of life just means that Atlassian won't provide any support for those versions. The exception explained in the official doc about the Atlassian Support End of Life Policy is to provide assistance related to upgrading. So yes, you can upgrade to a newer version if you also have a valid license of course.

Best, Max

Like ashlesha l koneru likes this
ashlesha l koneru December 19, 2019

Hi @Max Foerster - K15t 

So, end of life means atlassian won't provide on the version we use. I have some questions: Current version of our jira 7.7.1

1. Our jira has end of life on Jan 11th 2020, is it good still we can upgrade it later after 2  weeks later around end of January?

2. I already tested on my test jira for version 8.20 upgrade was successful but i see some errors in executing the filters, is this effected due to upgrade?

3. We use bitbucket, issue with application links we are not able to connect to jira from bitbucket is this effected due to upgrade? if yes, Does bitbucket need upgrade too?

Thanks

Ashlesha.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2019
  1. Yes, as it says in the doc Max linked to
  2. Possibly.  It depends on what the filters are relying on 
  3. No, upgrading from 7 to 8 does not affect links.  Generally, all versions of 7 and 8 link to Bitbucket 4 upwards with the same functionality

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events