Do you ever apply Atlassian skillsets to your life outside of work? Edited

Bridget Sauer Community Manager Dec 04, 2017

What's an example of when you've used your Atlassian skills to improve your family/friends/significant other operations? 

The inspiration for this discussion comes from the blog post How I ran my kids like an Atlassian team for a month. In this blog, an Atlassian team member applied some crucial Atlassian values to his team.

"My wife recently went away on a business trip to the U.S. so I decided to experiment on my children. What if, I thought, I ran my kids like an Atlassian team?

My boys are awesome, but anybody with three boys children knows that things can get a little bit crazy at times. My goal was to maximise harmony and fun yet still make sure no-one starved to death or went to school with their underpants on the outside of their shorts." Full blog here

Share a reaction or tell us how you use your Atlassian skillsets in your personal life. We'll send free Atlassian gear to those who share :). 

kids-like-atlassian-team_-featured_medium.png

1 comment

Cannot help but link to this related, hilarious "April 1" gag from Atlassian a few years ago.

https://www.atlassian.com/jirajr

haha...it's not related. This is a genuine story from one of our program managers

Comment

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

76 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you