Determining interest in an add-on

Ron Summers June 26, 2017

I'm interested in finding out ways in which companies determine interest in an add-on when an individual or one group makes a request for an add-on.

For example, maybe the add-on is "expensive" and so not worth acquiring for a small group but if more people were interested in using it, then that might shift the balance.

Following the general admin advice of being judicious on adding add-ons to the system, one wants to make sure it is worthwhile to add an add-on.

So, do you:

• send out a mass email to all users of the system?
  • do a survey (assumes you have a survey tool)?
  • post announcements in Confluence?
  • other?

Thanks.

2 comments

Comment

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2017

Hi Ron,

we are 1500 people in our company and we are organized, of course, in departments. Every department has some people who are my contact persons for IT questions (I am administrator). 

So, here, it is quite easy. If someone asks for an expensive plugin or a function that needs a plugin, I'm asking the rest of my contact people, what they think about this.

We have a budget for buying software and if there is enough budget left and enough people want that plugin and convinced me, we test it and then we buy it. 

Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2017

We often drop by the top selling and newest categories on Atlassian Marketplace. 

Once someone find a new potential candidate, we evaluate it and ask for internal feedback.

-Lars

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events