Dashboard for project managers

Ella Zīle January 23, 2018

Hello!

We're using Jira 6.3.15. version without Agile add-on. Our project managers want on their own dashboard see all they needed issue and using drag &drop function move it from one monitor corner to another and they don't need to change status or fields content. It is need just for presentation purpose.

Maybe someone use something like that?

Regards,

Ella

2 comments

Sebastian Kleinholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2018

@Ella Zīle, I don't fully get you. Managers want to have their own dashboards and see some issues. No problem. They want to move the issues or the dashboard from one monitor corner to another .... within the browser? .... elsewhere? ... what do they present?

Ella Zīle January 23, 2018

@Sebastian Kleinholz, then project managers have meeting with the main users, during the meeting they need they need to prioritize registred issues and visualy arrange issues in the order. After meetings project manager goes to programmer adn they write down due date according the order.kanban-board.png

Sebastian Kleinholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2018

Apart from that what you describe is not really an agile approach, I think I now understand your requirements.

The project managers shouldn't do this prioritization work on the dashboard, but on the agile board. Ideally each project manager has its own Jira project with one Scrum board. The arranging of issue is best done within the backlog view of the agile board. Then the project manager can talk to the programmers.

My advice: Try to get project managers, main users and programmers sit together in one meeting - this will improve productivity massively and will lower personal frustration.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events