Customize Email Notification for only the selected Project

Anbarasi July 25, 2017

Greeting,

I have the clarification regards the Customize Email Notificaiton for the selected Project  for the below request.

Scenario: I have created One Project(P1) and add more than one Task/ Story to assign to the different users(U1, U2, U3) also i have added the custom date selection field as Request "Start date".

Here i needs to send alert email notificaiton to asignee regards the Request Start date. The mail to send for the Group of Users assinged to the created project(P1).

Could you please provide the steps how i will create the email notification for this scenario. 

Thanks,

Anbarasi

2 comments

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2017

Anbarasi,

If you need to notify a group you need to add the group to the notification schema, directly or by assigning the group to a role that gets notified (recommended)

If you need to notify a group of users, and that group of users depends on each ticket, you need to add a user multi selection custom field and then send the notification to the users in that field

Anbarasi July 26, 2017

Thanks Gaston.

I have created one group and assinged the respective Person in the same(Eg: Group1)

But while Newly Add/ Update the Notification Scheme the Custom Date fields is not listed out .

Also i needs to Trigger the Email Notification based upon the date given in the Custom Date Fields.

Eg: I have create More than one tickets and Select the Different Request Start Date for each ticket(Here Request Start Date is Custom Fields)

Ticket 1: Request Start Date as : 27/07/2017

Ticket 2 : Request Start Date as: 29/07/2017

Here the Alert email notification should be trigger one day before  to the Group Users(Group1) to indimate the Request Start Day is tomorrow please plan accordingly.

Could you please support there is option to create this type of notification in Jira.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2017

Both of these require coding:

>But while Newly Add/ Update the Notification Scheme the Custom Date fields is not listed out .

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/customizing-email-content-185729653.html

>Also i needs to Trigger the Email Notification based upon the date given in the Custom Date Fields.

JIRA sends email based on events, not data in fields.  You'll need to find/write a more clever email system that does read your fields.  Some of us use scripts on post-functions or listeners, and there are email add-ons that allow you to mail based on data rather than events in the marketplace

Anbarasi July 26, 2017

Thanks Nic

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events