Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom dashboards and reports for Jira

Nick Silkin November 16, 2021

Hello!

Please share your experience of using custom dashboards for jira. What plugins do you use? Maybe some integration with systems like Power BI?

Our company has a question about how we can collect complete statistics on the movement of tickets, the work of participants, and so on... Unfortunately, the capabilities of reports and dashboards built into Jira are not enough to conveniently keep statistics. 

In short, I need one dashboard where I can see all the information on projects and workers. Plus, an important feature is the ability to quickly switch between projects and workers in the dashboard itself

Thank you for your consideration 

7 comments

Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 21, 2021

Hi @Nick Silkin ,

I'm Principal Product Manager in the BI/Reporting category at Appfire, so I can recommend you some of our apps that can help you out with your needs:

• Power BI Connector Pro for Jira. It's the leading and top rated app to connect Jira with Microsoft's Power BI. Once you connect Jira, you can perform real time reporting and analytics.
  • Reports and Timesheets for Jira. You can create personalized reports by drag&drop fields (calculated fields, time tracking, from third party apps...).
  • Dashboard Hub for Jira. Custom charts, more than 60 pre-defined metrics, easy and secure external share, several integrations.

If you want to discuss your needs or have questions, you can ping me gorka at appfire dot com!

Like # people like this
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 21, 2021

Hi @Nick Silkin 

For a complete solution to track time spent on each issue or time between statuses or time spent by resources, you can try out our app. You can track the progress of your project issues and their hierarchies. Also you can create dashboard gadgets for each report type.

Agile Tools : Epic Tree, Links Tree, Time in Status & Worklogs

The app provides the following features.

1) Links/Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps Hierarchy :- View/Manage roll up of time estimates for hierarchy (up to 10 levels), based on your Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps/Issue Links parent child relationship.

2) Epic Hierarchy :- View/Manage roll up of time estimates for standard Jira hierarchy. Epic -> User Story -> Subtask

3) Time in Status :- More than 7 types of Time in Status reports to track your issues.

4) Worklogs Report :- Track time spent by resources with multiple filters / category / grouping features

5) Timesheet :- View/Enter your time spent for multiple days

Time in Status.png

Worklogs Report.png

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2021

Hey @Nick Silkin,

Depending on your needs, all recommended tools may fit your use case one way or another. If you are searching for more advanced and complex solutions, tools like Power BI & Easy BI are great options. 

I can't escape but share more about Custom Charts for Jira - an app designed to improve how Jira's metrics are presented to your team. With fully customizable reports and a load of dashboard gadgets, Custom Charts it's often the preferred choice for companies who value simplicity.

I would suggest you try the app's Interactive Playground to see if it fits you and your team :) 

Like Morgan Folsom likes this
Yuliia Maidanova -Alpha Serve- November 22, 2021

Hi @Nick Silkin 

If you choose to use business intelligence tools for analyzing Jira data, then I suggest you try our following applications:

All of the above applications make it easy to export Jira data into the appropriate BI system. In addition, our apps support data export from leading third-party applications (Tempo Timesheets, Tempo Planner, Cost Tracker for Tempo Timesheets, Projectrak, Insight - Asset Management, Time in Status, Advanced Roadmaps).

All connectors have been certified as Atlassian Cloud Fortified apps.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact us at support@alpha-serve.com

Janis Plume _eazyBI_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2021

Hi,

Please, check the eazyBI app for Jira: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211051.

You may also wish to see example dashboards created using this app covering the most frequent use cases and  chart types:

https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/dashboards/14871-chart-types

Kindly,

Janis, eazyBI support

Like Nick Silkin likes this
Sandstorm Media GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2021

Hi @Nick Silkin

you can also try our reporting plugin for Jira: Exply

If you want to host it yourself - this is also possible :) 

sunny regards

Fabian from Exply

Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
February 10, 2022

Hi @Nick Silkin 

If you still considering a solution I would suggest ActivityTimeline. It's resource planning plugin developed for Team management, Capacity planning, Time tracking and Reporting. ActivityTimeline has a dashboard with timeline view where you can easily switch between projects, teams and users. 
ActivityTimeline plugin for Jira.png
To track and analyze the workload, logged work, resource utilization, users skills or positions are able in timesheets and reports. 

Hope it helps! If you have any additional requirements please feel free to ask me. We can demo session for you if needed. 
Nataliya,  ActivityTimeline Team.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events