Custom Plugin Code

Deleted user September 29, 2018

Hello,

I need to create a plugin that should make call outs to external endpoints. Where is the best place to write this code? I started writing it in MyPluginComponentImpl.java. Is it ok to write code there?

The idea is to make a POST call to one endpoint for installation and another for POST for enable. Also are there event handlers for these events? I'm doing this for the first time, any help would be appreciated.

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2018

Yes, you can, but I'd strongly recommend changing the name to something more meaningful.

I'm not sure what you mean by "event handlers for this".  What is the "this"?

Deleted user September 30, 2018

Hi Nic, thanks for this answer. In regards to event listeners, take for example the plugin being installed. Is there a "plugin installed" event handler that i could hook into? I can't find anything online that shows this.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2018

There are some events around plugins, but they're not going to do much for you here.

Events are fired when things happen, so to get an event for installation, you have to install the add-on to get the event.  Same for enable - the event is fired by the action of enabling it.

If you mean you want to do post calls to install add-ons, no, there are no end points for them.

Is it possible that you can point me to some documentation around these plugins? I might need them. I would really appreciate it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2018

There's entire guides to how Jira works and writing add-ons on Atlassian's site.  I suspect https://developer.atlassian.com/server/framework/atlassian-sdk/ is a good starting point for you at this time.

Thank you

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events