Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross project metrics in Jira Cloud

Kyle Howard February 20, 2020

We have recently started using the Jira Cloud project.  We have a mix of Classic and NextGen projects and we need a way to present a portfolio dashboard/view of basic metrics like Velocity, Burndown, etc.  We had originally decided on Portfolio prior to moving to the cloud, but that doesn't seem to be an option now that we have NextGen projects in the mix.

Any suggestions?

1 comment

Comment

carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2020

Hello Kyle,

Welcome to the community!

By checking some information of an Atlassian Team member, I verified the following:

Portfolio and next-gen as you noted are not compatible on many of the features, but you should still be able to see and use the project type in a portfolio plan, however this is not recommended and the feature set would be extremely limited as covered in the following KB:

Also the incompatibility is only at the project level, instance wide you can have a mix of both nex-gen and classic projects, with the classic projects usable by Portfolio with full functionality and next-gen with limited functionality.

But if it is only the features covered in the KB above that you are missing and the portfolio application is accessible then converting the projects to classic would be the way to go, and details on converting a next-gen project to a classic project can be seen at the link below:

Let me know if you have any additional questions or need assistance greating a support request to dig in further.

That being said, I strongly recommend check the information above and let me know if it helps.

Have a nice day ahead!

Cheers,

Carlos

Like # people like this
Sami Linnanvuo {Screenful}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 19, 2020

Hi Kyle, 

The Screenful add-on can produce dashboards and metrics, including velocity, burnup, and burndown charts across Classic and Next-gen projects. You can see some sample out-of-the-box dashboards at the Tour page and we've recently released a new powerful custom charts feature. 

There's a free 21 day trial so you can give it a try with your own data. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events