Creative Agency Sprints

Sirvan Jackson December 14, 2022

I'm working with a creative agency to adjust the way they manage work in Jira (not JWM) going from Kanban boards mainly to a 2 week Sprint model. I have had a few a challenges and have mitigated them in the best way I thought possible. However I'd love to hear your feedback and perspective.

The the first challenge I had was, since marketing efforts are tied to different clients there are an array of client project boards. So I created a filter to pull them all together into 1 project. This works for now, I just need to make sure every project is using the same screens so the team work off this board in unison. 

Secondly, due to the nature of the work some people are working the same issue at the same time so it's hard to REALLY see what someone has on their plate since it's assigned to only 1 person. I thought to create a custom assignee field in addition to the preexisting one. 

Lastly, this marketing team does monthly marketing reports for some clients, the previous PM's have a made a Jira ticket lasts until the end of time. The way I mitigate that is with automation that once it hits DONE the reporting ticket is cloned and put into the backlog. Ready for use again next month. The only other way I see to do is to have PM's recreate the tickets every month. 

What do you think?

1 comment

Comment

Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2022

Interesting use case. I am wondering if it might be easier to have a list of sub-tasks for everyone working on one bigger issue [aka epic or story] so that it is clearer who is doing what and what is the overall progres on the task?

Sirvan Jackson December 14, 2022

@Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk - good point - something I forgot to do is mention the board is organized by person not epics 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events