Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy field values to Linked issues

Madhu mullangi July 12, 2021

Hello,
We have created a link type named Relates where inward is Relates and Outward is relates to.

We would like to copy the field values of the issue to the Linked issue where the linke type is Relates ( Inward ).

Could you please help us to achieve this Requirement.

For your reference I have attached the Rule condition and Edit Issue actions which I have added.

Added condition for the Linked type "Relates", But in the Edit Issue action which option we have to choose for the linked issues condition.

Please help us to copy the field values from the linked issues.

Thank You
MadhuAutomation Condition.pngEdit Automation.png

2 comments

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2021

Hi @Madhu mullangi ,

I know there are also the smart value

issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue

issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue

Like:

{{issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue.Customfield_12345}}

Could this be an option for you?

Regards, Marco

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2021

Hi @Madhu mullangi 

testing on my Cloud instance I found out it works best using a branch:

grafik.png

Please note that your mentioned custom field "WorkStream" in the above example correspond to "Backout plan".

For "Edit issue fields" the "Type of related issues" is "Linked issues" alongside with "relates to".
I saw that the link names differ a bit - please adapt it to your instance.

When I change the value for "Backout plan" it was also changed in the linked issue.

Please check if it works for your case - happy to hear if it worked.

Regards,
Daniel

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events