cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Transition on Creation of a Bug in a different project

Aditya Sastry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2020

I have a requirement to on demand copy a bug request from one project to another. The bug workflow in both the project is different. So we have a status mapping available.

I have given a button for users to create the bug workflow as per their need. But I am finding it difficult to transition the newly created Bug workflow to the correct status.

I am using the below post function to create the bug issue in a different project.

Create issues and subtasks by JWT

I am using set fields to set the status of newly created bug issue 

%{00016}= "In Progress" ? "Analysis" : (%{00016} = "Open" ? "Open" : (%{00016}= "In Review" ? "Ready for Test" : (%{00016} = "Resolved" ? "Done" : (%{00016} = "Reopened" ? "Open" : (%{00016} = "Closed" ? "Done" : "Done" )))))

It works for In Progress, Open and Reopened but doesn't work for other status i.e. In Review, Closed, Resolved and I get an error as below 

org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericTransactionException: Commit failed, rollback previously requested by nested transaction.

Any inputs to resolve or another way to approach this requirement?

Regards,
Aditya

1 comment

Aditya Sastry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2020

Ok so the approach was correct. The reason for this not working was some validator in the target workflow which was restricting the status updates.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events