Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clone Story

Madhu June 15, 2020

Clone Story is a convenient way of creating a story in the same Epic, but the poor dialogue box gives you an option of changing just the Title. Shouldn't there be a field for the description too? It is almost never you would have the same description for a different story!!! When I see our cloned stories, every one of them has that History clutter of change of description. Not having the Description field in the Clone dialogue is just mind boggling! Perhaps a couple of other fields, like Story Points, defaulting to the source story. I have been wondering as to what might be the reason for not having the Description field in the Clone dialogue. Is there some technical difficulty? As a developer myself, can't think of any. That leaves me thinking about the Jira's UI/UX Experts' expertise! Thank God, they were kind, and imaginative enough, to let us change the title!

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2020

The definition of clone is "a copy as close to the original as possible". 

The clone function was, if memory of a very old conversation with an Atlassian, not particularly designed to solve anything, it was added because people were asking, and a simple implementation of "copy everything" was simple enough for most purposes.  It's not been developed further because the current implementation is good eough for most reasons people clone things.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events