Change email address on account

Bob Berndt January 17, 2019

HI,

We have some users that were contractors, have lots of history in Jira/Confluence and now are employees so I'd like to just change their email address to our company address.

Is it as simple as that or will this cause problems?

1 comment

Josh loe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2019

Bob,

It's not a problem, just login and change their email in your JIRA User Manager if you're using Server.  For Cloud, they'll need to login to their Atlassian Account and change their email address.  Don't DELETE, just edit and change. This should not change their username and keep their history.

-Josh Loe

Like Bob Berndt likes this
Bob Berndt January 17, 2019

Thanks for the quick response Josh.

I did try this on a test account without a problem but the account was only associated with 1 project, it wasn't nearly as complicated as the users I need to change.

Josh loe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2019

@Bob Berndt The associations in the database will not change.  You'll be fine.

-Josh

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2019

I absolutely agree with Josh. There is no issue with changing the email address of a user in JIRA server. It doesn't matter how many projects, ect they are in. It shouldn't cause any problems for you.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events