Can't trust Portfolio because Initiative has no errors, but on expansion its stories do.

Aaron Steinmetz May 1, 2017

So i don't undestand how this product can be used in real life. I have 200 Initiatives, with Epics, and Stories. If i collapse all my Initiatives, they are all clear as far as the yellow exclamation marks and red errors go.

If i expand my Initiaitve to show the Epics, they are also clear. If i expand one of those Epics I am surprised to find that there are a half dozen stories that can't be scheduled due to 'skill gaps' (which also appears wrong to me but thats for another day).

In order to have any confidence that everything is scheduled ok, i need to expand EVERY initiave, EVERY epic, and review EVERY story to ensure there are no warnings or errors. Thats 2000 stories or so... and i need to do that every time i check the schedule?

I must be misunderstanding how this is meant to work because that is completely impractical.

1 comment

Aaron Steinmetz May 1, 2017

For those also experiencing this problem, here is a suggestion i've logged - unless someone can tell me what i'm doing wrong?

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPOCLOUD-1801

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events