Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Closed] Calling all Jira Cloud users! Give us feedback on our exploration of a new navigation.

Viewing page 2 of 2

28 comments

Comment

Sebastian Goltz April 8, 2020

The extension doenst work for me anymore. I used it for such a long time and it was way better then the original

Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2020

Hi @Sebastian Goltz,

It's because the Early Access Program has been officially closed, see JRACLOUD-73180 New Navigation in Jira Cloud:

We're now gradually rolling out the changes to more instances and aim to be wrapped up by the end of June 2020. Note this could change, but we will do our best to keep everyone updated on this ticket.

At the moment, the new navigation is available to roughly ~5% of our customers. If there is a use case for you having the new navigation sooner, please reach out to our support team. 

Best,

- Manon

David Cameron April 8, 2020

This is pretty poor. Could Atlassian either:

• Roll out the option of the new navigation to everyone or
  • stop breaking the extension

Either works as a solution.

Justine Violante June 29, 2020

Hi @Matt Tse , As a marketplace vendor building Cloud apps for Jira - it would be great if we could share an opt-in pool of usability testers and feedback community.

After all, the UX of the Jira Cloud experience can be only enhanced with human-centered apps! Do you know if something like this is already in the pipeline?

Matt Tse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2020

Hi @Justine Violante !

Apologies for the delayed response. I completely missed this notification in my inbox.

I completely agree that experiences can only be enhanced if they're focused on the user! Could I just clarify what you're looking for though? Are you interested in getting access to a group of Atlassian customers to usability test the Cloud app you're building? Or are you looking to be part of an early group of vendors that get access to Jira Cloud's newest/latest changes so you can test your app's functionality?

Colin Smith November 23, 2020

I absolutely HATE that more than half my screen is on any atlassian page is taken up by menu and other sidebars / widgets, especially the ones that open without hitting a toggle button! give me a drop down and leave it at that, I don't need or want the same information in multiple fixed positions on my screen on every page. Not every single details about anything needs to be immediately visible, this isn't designed for toddlers (is it?).

I want my screen real estate to show me the information INSIDE the page I'm looking at! Not sidebar menus, not 30% of my screen to the author and name of a Jira ticket...

TLDR: I feel like less than half of my screen is usable on almost any Atlassian page; let me toggle all these mostly useless sidebars (and don't open them back on hover!!!), I can scroll my web browser so everything doesn't need to be fixed to my screen at all times. I think the UX/UI needs a serious overhaul.

Like Callum Hepburn likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events