Bitbucket statuses in jira workflows

Thayne Munson September 11, 2021

Hello Community.  I have inherited a scrum team that has a workflow that includes bitbucket transitions (pull request, merge, etc.).  My other scrum teams just have the basic transitions that I generally see in scrum teams (Open, In-Progress, Testing, etc.)  I feel that these bitbucket transitions should not be in my workflow since bitbucket source management is a separate component of the development cycle and would cause issues in my attempt to get the scrum team to build stories that can be completed in 1 sprint.  The source management tasks should be handled outside of the scrum sprint as part of release management.  Any thoughts?  

1 comment

Pavel Parma Sapientes September 14, 2021

Hi 👋,

there is not only one right answer. The simple workflow is (Open, In-Progress, Done), then you can add state for Code Review (Pull Request in bitbucket) and Testing. On some project we have status "Ready to merge", "Ready to deployment", "Ready to testing". It depends on have big team you have and which bottlenecks you want to visualize. But don't have all statuses on one board, but multiple boards (development, business, testing) for advanced workflows.

It's good practice to add statuses for steps, which takes large ammount of time or needs specific role on project and you want to see if you have enough tasks for someone or if there is some time waisting in cycle/lead time.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events