Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best works tools with jira

Jose Anton May 25, 2017

Hello,

I am new developer and i discover Jira a few days ago. Because my knowledge is limited i want to ask you for the ideal workstation or work tools.

My idea is to use:

Jira: For control the bug, new add and errors.

Jira Service Desk: For customers supports and a knowledge base for the customers.

Jira Core: For planning the business and new actions about business

Bitbucker: To control my code and versions.

Is that right?

And the second question, Now i using atom and a php server for develop. What are the best IDE or tools to work with jira products?

Any help is welcome because i am a newbie and need some help.

Thank you very much.

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2017

Yes, those usages are correct.

The tools best used to work with JIRA and Bitbucket are probably not defined by them - you should use the tools that work best for you for your coding. 

Most IDEs (Idea, Eclipse, Netbeans etc) have integrations for JIRA and Bitbucket,  so you are pretty free to use whatever one you like.  Some people like using Sourcetree as a client for Bitbucket because it has close integrations with it.

If you want to do any form of build of your software, check out Bamboo.  For documentation, try Confluence.

Jose Anton May 25, 2017

Thank you for your answer. Confluence works for customer documentation or only internal documentation?

I am using Atom, do you think is good with Jira?

Thank you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2017

Both - Confluence is for writing up anything you want, and works for internal and external users (At the same time - most of us have some external facing spaces and a load of internal ones.  It also provides a neat self-help feature when used as a knowledge base for

I don't know about atom - if you mean the text editor, it depends on what you want to do with it and JIRA

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events