Best personal Kanban Board for JIRA

Thomas Ascioglu December 13, 2018

I'm using JIRA (Server) at work and would like to display all my issues on my personal Kanban Board. This works fine with a Personal Kaban Board insinde JIRA as long as every issue is assigned to a project.

Now I also want to add my daily personal tasks, which are not on a specific project.

Does anyone use an external Kanban Board like Trello which can be synced with the personal JIRA Kanban Board and extended by personal tasks (not on a specific project).

I found some sync tools for Trello <-> JIRA but either you have to pay or you can only sync ONE JIRA project with a Trello Board which is not what I want.

Thanks Thomas

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2018

I'm not fond of doing synchronisations between Trello and Jira.  They're both great at what they do, and I do use both alongside each other for both home and work stuff, but if something belongs to a Trello board, I don't care about it when looking at Jira, and vice versa.  I don't want to have to mirror a Jira workflow as Trello board columns, it's not what they're for.

>Now I also want to add my daily personal tasks, which are not on a specific project.

I have two approaches to this on the Jira side

• Add a project only you can see
  • Do the same, but for everyone - have a To-Do project that has a permission scheme that says "Create = any Jira user" and "Browse = Reporter"  (For older Jira systems, you need the "reporter browse fiddle" or "messing around with automating security schemes")

Then you can include your tasks in a Kanban

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events