BUG - Sprint cannot be completed - Incomplete Subtasks

James Schaefer May 8, 2017

I have been making many workflow changes lately and recently ran into a bug when I associate a new workflow to an existing project:

Issue:

After assocaiting the new workflow and remapping current issues, I would go to close a sprint I would get the "Sprint cannot be completed as there are incomplete subtasks on the following issues"

When I looked at these sub-tasks they were definitely "Done" and resolved properly.  I did not want to delete these, since the sub-tasks show a history and have information of what was completed.

Work-Around:

I "moved" all of the sub-tasks having the issue to the current location they were in (project/parent).  Then ensured that they were set to Done again, I was then able to close the sprint.

During the workflow change, it seems something is getting corrupt with the sub-tasks.

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2017

I'm not sure it's a corruption (bad data caused by rubbish going into fields), but a misunderstood configuration (data is wrong, leading to bad behaviour)

>When I looked at these sub-tasks they were definitely "Done" and resolved properly. 

So, does that mean all of the sub-tasks were in the far right-hand column in the board?  Not too worried about the status or resolution, as you've checked them, but purely whether they all appear in that last column.

Also, could you check you can see all of the sub-tasks on the board?  (This means checking the filter for the board really - are there clauses that might be excluding them?)

James Schaefer May 8, 2017

Yes I exclude them subtasks from my boards intentionally to reduce clutter.  This only occurs when I map a new workflow to the parent issue, my workflows for the sub-tasks work fine otherwise.  I probably could have adjusted the JQL filter and moved them, but still there seems to be an underlying issue here.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events