Automation rules - copying custom fields to linked software tickets

Emer McArthur January 17, 2019

It would be great if we could automate copying custom data from service desk tickets to linked software tickets, eg. our creative team have a software queue and we are now allowing people to raise tickets via service desk, which then auto creates a software ticket in the creative queue and I have set up automated rules to change the service ticket status based on software ticket status - however I have to manually copy the custom fields - eg. Internal Deadline, Department

Is there a better way I could do this? Are there any existing fields I could use and rename for -

Department

Internal Deadline

Final Deadline

Client 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2019

Hello Emer, 

The scenario you are needing cannot be achieved using only JIRA, however, there are some plugins that give you this functionality.

I recommend the plugin Automation for JIRA Cloud where you can configure simple rules to:

1 - Automatically create tickets in a different project

2 - Clone fields when a new issue is created, linking both issues

3- Link the created issue with the one that triggered the Automation:

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 18.47.20.png

P.S: I cloned the fields Summary and Description in my screenshot, however, you can perform the same steps using any custom fields.

4 - Automatically transition issue when its clone is transitioned:

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 18.51.00.png

Let me know if this is the option you are looking for.

Suggest an answer