Are you in the loop? Keep up with the latest by making sure you're subscribed to Community Announcements. Just click Watch and select Articles.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Automation limits too restrictive

Getting thoughts from other power users out there about the automation limits. 

We are in the software dev industry so naturally we want to automate things as much as possible. We are on the standard plan at 1,700 execution a month (Nov '23 numbers) and we are struggling to not exceed the monthly limit. When we hit the limit, things do not go well as those executions are huge time savers for us. 

The financial jump from standard to premium, almost doubling the license cost (https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing) just doesn't make sense. 

Is anyone else easily hitting these limits? 

2 comments

For my case it's a bullet in the foot. We have 8 users and my usage is about 15000 per month. 

Even the premium plan does not help, I will certainty not use Jira anymore in a short period. 

I haven't done much with the built in automation;  with that disclaimer in mind, the REST API exposes (IMHO) every object you need to automate in and outside of Jira.  As you mentioned you are a software shop, put together something like this:

1. Set up a filter in Jira that identifies the automation candidates. Can be as simple as all tickets updated in the last 30 minutes.  But you probably also want some sort of "automation complete" flag that gets set to "FALSE" in your workflow.
  2. Run a timed script at the appropriate intervals (30 minutes in this example) to extract the filter results through the API
  3. Act on each ticket -- whether that is build new tickets from it, send a notification to an outside software app, etc.
  4. Update the ticket automation flag to "TRUE".

Hope this helps

Comment