Automatic comment on transition from ANY project to a specific project

Tim_Brigham November 26, 2019

I'm working on an internal uservoice / idea sharing project that will be open to anyone. 

I'd like to allow any product teams to include links to this project, and when work starts on a project team to add a comment like "Project MYPROJECT-007 in progress" or "Project ANOTHERPROJECT-003 " to the ticket "IDEA-009".  I don't want to have to edit the workflow for every other project in my instance in order to get this done - several of these are managed by other groups. 

Is there a good other alternative? I was thinking scriptrunner and / or capturing the event created by the transition with a listener, but I'm not familiar enough to know if this is even possible. 

2 comments

Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2019

I don't fully get the idea behind this but sounds like automation for Jira add-on would be a good alternative to explore, on it you can trigger actions based on different events which is what you describe. 

I hope it helps

Yury Lubanets November 28, 2019

Hi @Tim_Brigham 

I think It's possible to do it through scriptrunner. I did something similar.

You can create a custom listener and catch all transition events. The event contains all necessary info about an Issue that triggered the event. Using the event object you can retrieve Issue objects, comments, fields and so on.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events