Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching/embedding Checklist and Template during issue creation and transition

Mohajit Acharya November 2, 2021

I am using the Jira software cloud. I am looking for solutions to my below problem statements. It can be either out-of-the-box from Jira Software Cloud or through some plugins (free preferably else paid).

1. While creating a particular issue type I want the system to add a few templates (.doc or .xls file) as attachments. Can it be specified through post function or automation?

2. While creating a particular issue type I want to add a checklist embedded to the issue (not as an attachment). (Does "Issue Checklist for Jira" by HeroCoders address this requirement?) and save it as a template for future loading.

3. While transitioning of the above issue from one status to the other, I want a new set of templates to get attached to the issue by the system. 

4. While transitioning of the above issue from one status to the other, I want a new checklist to get embedded to the issue and the previous checklists become uneditable/disabled.

4 comments

Comment

Olena Brazhko_Railsware_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2021

Hi @Mohajit Acharya 

Smart Checklist can be a solution for you (for the 2 case).

There is a way to set a specific checklist as default for an Issue Type, save checklist templates and use them inside your project for all issues via the "Import a Template" option, set a checklist on transition with the help of Jira Automation, see example here. And many more. It's all pretty easy to set up!

You can start with a Free version and then switch to the Enterprise version if necessary.

If you have any questions, you can always reach out to the Support Team directly at smartchecklist@railsware.com.

Hope it helps!

Ewa Grabowska-Ptak_SolDevelo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 2, 2021

Hi @Mohajit Acharya , I would like to propose to you our Multiple Checklists for Jira. This solution allows you to add multiple checklists to Jira issue. You can create templates of checklists and automate them, so they are added when the created issue meets set  requirements by the JQL filter. 

Hope it helps! Please feel free to also contact us if you have any questions, I will be happy to assist you with our app or to meet on a showcase.

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 3, 2021

@Mohajit Acharya,

Both checklist requirement from your list can be achieved with Issue Checklist Free from HeroCoders that you mentioned.   

While creating a particular issue type I want to add a checklist embedded to the issue (not as an attachment). (Does "Issue Checklist for Jira" by HeroCoders address this requirement?) and save it as a template for future loading.

Please refer to the following docs:

While transitioning of the above issue from one status to the other, I want a new checklist to get embedded to the issue and the previous checklists become uneditable/disabled.

The only missing thing is that Issue Checklist does not support making part of the checklist uneditable/disabled. You can do it for entire checklist but not part of it. 
I believe that competitors advertised in this thread can't do it too. 

Let us know in case of any questions. We will be happy to help. 

Cheers,
Jack

Gracjan Wesołowski _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2022

Hi,

As for loading template automatically when an issue is created, we now offer a new way to control this process aside from issue type where you can add Checklist based on labels. In our example you can:

1. Add a label that will trigger adding your checklist. Do not use spaces in this one(This label can also be applied via automatisation if needed)

2. Add checklist template named exactly like the label with the desired checklist in it.

Now every time someone adds the label from step1 to any issue, the relevant checklist will be added from the template.

Also coming back to an idea of disabling the Checklist - you can comment old checklist on transition. It would look like on the screenshot below:

Screenshot 2022-09-28 at 16.53.00.png

To achieve that you can use regular expression, please see automation below:

Screenshot 2022-09-28 at 16.55.43.png

Trigger: I tested it on Issue transitioned(From Backlog to InProgress)

Action: Edit issue, choose Checklist Text field, and put value:

{{issue.customfield_100XX.replaceAll("\n\*","\n---")}}

100xx - replace with your Checklist Text custom field ID, on how to find the ID, please refer to our documentation here.

If you have any questions, let us know.

Regards,

Gracjan

Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
June 3, 2022

Hi, @Mohajit Acharya !

As an alternative, you can use the Recurring Checklists and Report add-on.

My team has developed it to manage the repetitive processes, automate the management tasks and check the team`s performance in one plugin.

Here is an example: image.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events