Atlassian SDK Licensing

Yassin September 14, 2017

Well installing Atlassian SDK and working with JIRA local instance helps so much to develop and debug Plugins. I am facing a licensing problem.

Somewhere it is mentionned that when a atlassian plugin dev project is created (atlas-create-jira-plugin, atlas-create-confluence-plugin, ... ), the license is valid for 3 days, and after that a "atlas-clean" should be run to reset the license 3 days counter.

During my dev process, I create projects, custom fields, workflow, workflow permissions, screens, notification scheme, ,,, I tailor the JIRA instance to fit my test scenarios and make sure all is good.

Now if I run atlas-clean, all what I set up will be gone (target folder is deleted), I have been generating the jira home folder using atlas-generate-home-zip which saves all my settings except installed plugins, but this appears to not solve my license probelm,

I mean If I crate the jira home zip, then clean the target, then run atlas-run, I still have the previous license abviously.

How can we set up a JIRA local host atlassian SDK instance using a sort of developer license (not evaluation license because after some time, i wont be able to renew anyway,)

2 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2017

>the license is valid for 3 days, and after that a "atlas-clean" should be run to reset the license

I'm a little curious as to where you saw that, because it's not how it works.  Atlas-run creates a 3 day time-bombed licence, but it does it every time it runs.  I've just started up a development installation that's nearly a year old and it's got 3 days left on the clock.

Yassin October 24, 2017

even when you are using the zipped jira home directory ?

<build>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<groupId>com.atlassian.maven.plugins</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-jira-plugin</artifactId>
<version>${amps.version}</version>
<extensions>true</extensions>
<configuration>
<productDataPath>${project.basedir}/generated-test-resources.zip</productDataPath>
<productVersion>${jira.version}</productVersion>
<productDataVersion>${jira.version}</productDataVersion>

Yassin February 5, 2018

If the home directory is zipped and configured to be used with every restart (to avoid cleaning up the settings) then the license will not be renewed.

Obviously you have to decide between cleaning up all your home directory (including the 3 days license) or keep your home directory (but need to request new trial license every time)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events