Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After enabling JOSSO authenticator, JIRA cannot connect to local database anymore

Stefan Telley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 19, 2018

Hi folks,

I've installed a JIRA Server to try SSO Connection to it. So I do not have an external Database prepared, but use HB2 local database.

As soon as I activate the JOSSO SSO Authenticator in the seraph-config.xml file, the Application is not coming up again.

If I check the catalina.out, I see, that the application seems not be able to connect to the HB2 database anymore.

Do you have any suggestions? 

Here is a snippet of the error:

19-May-2018 21:52:16.060 SEVERE [Catalina-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.beforeStart Unable to create directory for deployment: /opt/atlassian/jira/conf/Catalina/localhost
2018-05-19 21:52:18,656 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [c.a.jira.startup.JiraHomeStartupCheck] The jira.home directory '/var/atlassian/application-data/jira' is validated and locked for exclusive use by this instance.
2018-05-19 21:52:18,715 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [o.a.c.c.C.[Catalina].[localhost].[/]] Exception starting filter security
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/josso/gateway/identity/SSOUser

-----------

2018-05-19 21:52:18,928 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [o.a.c.c.C.[Catalina].[localhost].[/]] Exception starting filter trustedapps
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/josso/gateway/identity/SSOUser
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)

-----------

2018-05-19 21:52:19,101 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.j.config.database.SystemDatabaseConfigurationLoader] Reading database configuration from /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/dbconfig.xml
2018-05-19 21:52:19,287 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.config.bootstrap.DefaultAtlassianBootstrapManager] Could not successfully test your database:
org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: IO Exception: "/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/database/h2db.mv.db" [90028-185]

------------

2018-05-19 21:52:19,307 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.jira.health.HealthChecks] JIRA couldn't connect to your database
2018-05-19 21:52:19,307 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.jira.health.HealthChecks] JIRA failed to establish a connection to your database.

------------

2018-05-19 21:52:19,379 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [o.a.c.c.C.[Catalina].[localhost].[/]] Exception sending context destroyed event to listener instance of class com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener
java.lang.NullPointerException

If I undo the changes in seraph-config.xml, the Application starts normally.

Thanks Stefan

1 comment

Eddie Webbinaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2020

This may happen if Crowd is configured in `seraph-config.xml` but the crowd.properties file is not configured.  Why it complains about h2 DB is unclear, but you would see SSO/Crowd/Seraph related errors  above the H2 error in your atlassian-jira.log file.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events