Admin cannot add Workflow Status to the board in Jira Cloud

Alena Heizerava March 27, 2019

Screenshot 2019-03-28 at 00.07.16.png

Here is the screenshot to show the problem.

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2019

There's a (rather non-intuitive) clue on the line above.  This board is using a simplified workflow, which allows board admins to add columns, and status to columns, and also allows project admins to add status to the workflow.

But note that a board admin is not necessarily a project admin, and vice-versa.  I think you have board admin, but not project admin (and you need it in all the projects this board includes)

Alena Heizerava March 28, 2019

Hi Nic, thank you for your prompt response. 

I have both permissions - project and board admin. So, the issue stands the same. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2019

You must be a project administrator for all the projects that are included in the board.

Have a look at the board filter - does it have a "project =" or "project in ()" clause? 

Alena Heizerava March 29, 2019

I am a project administrator for all projects.

Generally, I'm setting Jira by myself atm, following the training. My next step is to present this set up to my organisation, so the decision whether we keep using what we've got atm or switch to Jira can be made.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2019

Are you sure?  There is a difference between Jira Administrator and Project Administrator.  It's not an automatic "I am Jira admin therefore I am project admin"

Alena Heizerava April 1, 2019

I've created this account by myself and there is no one else using it. I cannot imagine who else in this scenario can be Jira Administrator and/or Project Administrator. Is it possible for us to have a call or private chat, so I can share my screen with you? 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events