Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a custom field automatically

Mathieu Yargeau July 11, 2017

I created a new custom field, I kept it simple for now. My new custom field extends GeneticTextCFType and only delcares the constructor.

I declared the <customfield-type> in my atlassian-plugin.xml file, and I am now able to manually create a custom field of that type.

I created a custom field searcher that extends TextSearcher, with nothing in it.

Ideally, I would like the custom field that I created manually to exist automatically. Do I check for its existence in the PluginEnabledEvent and create it there if it does not exist? When do I remove it? when the plugin is uninstalled? I doubt it a little because all data would be lost if the custom field is deleted.

I tried creating it in the afterPropertiesSet function, but the CustomFieldType does not seem to exist at that point... At other points in the plugin, ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldTypes() gives me a list of types with my new custom field type in it.

At which point in the plugin should I create my custom field using that customfield type?

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events