Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A single Release "dashboard" for multiple projects?

Alan W_ Yueh December 1, 2021

Similar to the discussion in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Multiple-products-single-release-process/qaq-p/770105, but I am looking for the ability to have a single view of the release / version page for multiple Jira projects.

Let's say I have Jira projects A, B, C, ... -- actually, I have about two dozen.  I have defined a release of "3.3.0" in each project.  I can click on the "Releases" link for the A project, and then on the "3.3.0" link.  I then am presented a page which shows me all of the Jira tickets associated with the 3.3.0 release version, a button to create the Release Notes from those tickets, etc.

But what is most useful for me is that this page has a way to show me tickets which are in "Warning mode" (e.g., have commits but no pull request), tickets which are completed, tickets in progress, and tickets which are "to do."

I'd love for there to be a way to roll-up all of these projects' 3.3.0 tickets and display the tickets in that rolled-up release, the number of tickets with warnings, the number done, the number in progress, and the number to-do.

Is this possible in a Cloud-based company-managed Jira environment?

Thanks!

2 comments

Comment

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 6, 2021

Hi @Alan W_ Yueh,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

I hope I understand your use case correctly. In case if you want to sync versions between projects and have a shared Release Overview, you can try our Jira cloud Marketplace app Version Sync for Jira.

With our app you can set up advanced sync trees and synchronize versions (including version names, descriptions and release details)  across company-managed and team-managed projects.

You can also watch this demo to see Version Sync for Jira in action.

version-sync_releases-overview.png

If you have questions or feedback about our app, don't hesitate to contact us.

Alan W_ Yueh December 6, 2021

Thank you, Ms. Kegel, for the pointer and information.

Warmly,

alan

Yuri Lapin _Release Management_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2021

Hi @Alan W_ Yueh

Trust you are well.

If you are up to Marketplace Apps I would suggest to try our Release Management & Roadmaps App. This one was built exactly for use case you mention above. You can aggregate different versions from different projects on a single board, sync them, group them in business releases, etc.

Many thanks & Kind regards,

Yuri.

Alan W_ Yueh December 11, 2021

Thank you as well, Mr. Lapin.  We will look into your suggestion.

Gratefully,

alan

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events