We're revolutionizing Jira for non-technical teams — join the exclusive admin group

Hello IT and Jira Admins!

I’m on a brand-new team that’s working on an exciting initiative to help every team in your organization manage their work more effectively on Jira. Right now we’re focused on giving Marketing, HR, Operations, Finance, and other non-technical teams (henceforth referred to as “business teams”) a better Jira experience. My team is in the early stages of developing a very promising new offering and we’re looking for vocal members of the Atlassian Community to help guide product development.

For this initiative, we want to closely align you with our Product team to build the best experience together. We are especially interested in learning how to make that transition as easy as possible for you, the Admin.

What’s in it for me?

Less time spent managing instances for your teams, a much better experience for business teams at your organization, and the opportunity to help shape the future of Jira. You’ll be the vanguard for a new era of Jira that will influence millions of people. We’ll invite you to join a private online Community group where you can suggest ideas, report bugs, ask questions, and give us your thoughts directly. 

Who are you looking for?

• Teams/organizations using Jira Cloud
  • Teams/organizations interested in rolling out Jira across most teams

• Teams/organizations who already use Jira for most teams

• Admins who currently manage or set up instances for business teams

• Admins who want to directly impact new Atlassian products and offerings

• Enthusiasts who are ready to give suggestions and tell us about pain points!

Who is running it?

The group will be managed by Ron Levy (PM, previously led the Next-gen team), James Rotanson (Design, created the new Editor), and myself from the Marketing org.

How long am I needed?

We will start with a call with your team to decide what level of involvement is best for both groups. We may also email you directly with questions outside of the online group. Participation now will have the highest possible level of impact on product direction. 

How do I sign up?

Please click here to sign up and we will be in touch!

Thanks - we can’t wait to help create the future of Atlassian products with you.

-Chase, Ron, & James

11 comments

Deleted user August 5, 2020

it is very comforting to see that Atlassian wants to listen to its jira customers and users. I would like to bring concrete examples that I am facing or that I have dealt with since I use jira (since 2003 ...) advising many Italian companies of all sizes.

Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2020

@[deleted] absolutely! We'll be reaching out to you soon to learn more about those examples and product limitations.

David Washburn August 6, 2020

Interesting to see what is coming. Our internal IT uses Jira and JSD, but the transition to next-gen has allowed us to roll out products to a few more teams like Legal, Digital Experience (web) and HR. We're big fans of the modernization of the product while retaining as many complex core features as possible. Making a product power, and easy, is a difficult balance.

William Kahn August 19, 2020

My company currently is using the Server version of Jira, but we are in the planning stage to upgrade and migrate to the Cloud for the near future. We currently have a number of business teams (near 200+ users) using Jira already to manage their work; and we are in the process of adding additional teams from other areas. I would like to participate, if not to help shape the future, but to also hear how others are currently using Jira for their business teams.

Dave Truman August 20, 2020

I think Atlassian has missed the boat on getting non-technical teams to use Jira. Past initiatives haven't gained traction outside of technical teams, to the point where Jira itself has a "doesn't fit our needs, too hard to use" perception with non-technical teams that will be hard to shake, whatever efforts are made in next-gen. 

I administer Jira Cloud and use it with technical and semi-technical teams. I've been watching Atlassian try to "next-gen" Jira and try to bring non-technical teams in for awhile now, and although the efforts don't apply to me, I've been watching the efforts carefully. In recent years I'm seeing these efforts start to hinder the "core" technical Jira users, such as the attempts to foist the dumbed-down next-gen UI on them. But worse, I'm realizing this effort comes at the cost of real improvements Jira needs for technical and semi-technical users, such as a full project template system or a decent multi-project status Dashboard. 

David Washburn August 20, 2020

@Dave Truman thats really interesting perspective. We have also had trouble getting non-technical teams to adopt Jira. Unfortunately I attribute this mostly to the fact that those same teams lack any core project management processes as-is, so the idea of kanban/agile/sprints/general project management is foreign to them and Jira can’t solve a fundamental process problem like that.

We have had great success implementing Jira Service Desk across the company, but I’d love to see Jira and Confluence usage increase.

Alyson Briscoe August 20, 2020

It would be great to be involved in this if the opportunity is still there @Chase Wilson

we are seeing more non technical teams start to utilise Jira and an increase across many departments in requesting to use Jira 

We are currently server but we are considering moving to Cloud

please let me know if i can still join the discussions :) 

thnaks

Aly Briscoe

atlassian@eyeo.com August 26, 2020

We are currently in a similar boat as @Alyson Briscoe  - we are currently on a data center setup, but considering moving to Cloud. 

We actually have a couple very active non-tech teams, including Finance and HR, as well as Branding and Events, already using Jira, and more requests coming in as well. 

We'd be happy to join in discussions as well if more participants are needed. 

Barbs September 1, 2020

I'm interested in joining this group. Currently using Cloud and running it across development teams but also marketing and operations as well.

Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2020

Sounds like there's additional interest in joining the group — feel free to email me directly at cwilson@atlassian.com and we can set up a time to talk through how we can work together!

Peter Dudin September 4, 2021

Jira has become a "SAP-like tool for SW development". Everyone has it, everyone hates it

Any new startup is better in terms of its SW architecture, UX and UI: Clickup, Fibery

Jira/Atlassian will be dying for a long long time, because of low subscription cost + high market share. Yet again, flexible and human-centric startups will (already have) make a better product that can be used by humans, not 'robots'

Hope this thread and the newly assigned ATLASSIAN team will make a whole new good product and I won't need to think endless nights about how to switch from Jira and convince others to do so

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events