Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

125 comments

Kiril Vigdorchick August 20, 2019

Cool. Now I found it in OWA. Thanks.

The main issues are:

1. Multiple inboxes. The add-on is not working on the other inbox folders.

2019-08-20_14-12-16.png

2. If you pin this add-on to appear and move between folders, it unpins.

eclawson2 August 20, 2019

Actually I'm a bit puzzled. Where to download the Outlook Desktop Addin? The office store lets me install the addin to my outlook.com account only. No possibility to download it somewhere. Any help to this?

Is there no way to download the install file for the desktop outlook plugin ? we don't want to add it to our outlook account. We do not have that ability at the moment. 

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2019

Hi @Kiril Vigdorchick.

1. To be able to use it between multiple inboxes, you need to install the add-in to all of your accounts. This is the way how Outlook add-ins work. They are installed in an account, so when you use different Outlook clients, you will see the add-in installed everywhere. To install it into other accounts, open any email for that inbox and do the same as @Maksym Yokha suggested.

2. Unfortunately, due to limitations of Microsoft Outlook platform, we were forced to introduce this behavior. Otherwise, the whole app would crash when users switch between folders. It still works when you move between emails in the same folder. Anyway, we have it in our backlog, and we will look into improving this user experience.

Thank you for your feedback.

Patrick Neuner - Futureweb GmbH August 20, 2019

Has anyone installed it on Exchange 2013 on Premise?
We are trying to install it through the MS Store, but we only receive the error, file could not be downloaded. 

Jira Support only directed me to this page, but it's not adressing, if there is anything specific to install it. I could install it directly instead of using the store, but no direct url is supplied. 

So did anyone made this work?
Tried it also as admin.

Thanks

Patrick 

eclawson2 August 20, 2019

@Patrick Neuner - Futureweb GmbH  same here. I just want an install file not to add it to an outlook profile. 

eclawson2 August 27, 2019

Hello,

I have not received a response yet. Is there an option to just obtain an install file ??? The yasoon alternative offers an install file option in addition to adding it to the outlook profile. I would much rather use the official version though. Can we make this possible ? Our dev leads heavily rely on this feature. 

J. Michael D. Woodard Sr. August 27, 2019

Anyone getting this issue with Outlook on O365 and JIRA Cloud? I have done a reset etc. Not sure where to go next

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 11.17.10 AM.png

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2019

Hi @J. Michael D. Woodard Sr. Thanks for reporting this. We will try to resolve this ASAP. Sorry for inconvenience.

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
August 28, 2019

Hi @eclawson2 
Sorry for the long response. Unfortunately we do not support the direct installation of the plugin to Outlook desktop plugin yet. But we've created a public feature request, so you can vote and "watch" it https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/API-154

Patrick Neuner - Futureweb GmbH August 28, 2019

Well, we are not asking for a separat Installation of the plugin. But Exchange on Premise can "download" it from the Store, which fails. When suppliing an direct URL, we could get it installed. 

So there is a feature that should work on our end according to specs, but the error we get - Jira cant help, Microsoft Store, and from MS or Forums, also we dind't get any help so far, so we are stuck, as the others have to settle it.

F_ Wolf September 18, 2019

What is missing still is:

- The email conversation childrens are not being linked to the original linked issue

- Possibility to add email as an attachment instead of adding it to the description

- Distinguish between commenting internally / externally (JSD)

Maksym Yokha
Atlassian Team
September 19, 2019

Hi, @F_ Wolf !

Thanks for the feedback.

We're constantly working on improving the add-in.

As of things you've mentioned:

• We're sending the whole email thread if it exists in a particular email. Surely the thread will not be attached if it was cut beforehand.
  • This is a feature we're shipping soon.
  • JSD support is one of the newer features in our app and is not very advanced yet. Though we're acknowledged of the need to distinguish internal/external JSD commenting and this something that is in our backlog already. Here's the public ticket you can track.

Also, I suggest hitting Atlassian support if you've found a bug or got a feature request.

Martin Angleitner September 26, 2019

Is there any chance to mind the mail subject text, when the issue ID is looked up? The search in the message text works great. Each Id will be found automatically, but it does not check the mail subject for an issue ID.

Maksym Yokha
Atlassian Team
September 26, 2019

Hi, @Martin Angleitner, so you want the app to highlight and parse issue keys in the email subject the same way it does in email body, is that correct?

Exactly @Maksym Yokha - In the most cases the issue ID will be mentioned in the mail subject

Maksym Yokha
Atlassian Team
September 26, 2019

@Martin Angleitner here are a few points:

1. In case of system emails the issue key would be present both in a subject and in a body of an email:
    Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 12.36.13 PM.png
  2. When issue key is being underlined it lets you pop up a contextual add-in with some info about that ticket but the platform doesn't allow us to highlight and open a contextual add-in over at email subject field.
  3. What we could probably do is read a subject and if we find an issue key in there which is not found in thee body of an email, we wold list thee corresponding Jira ticket in a task pane.

Sounds great- Point 3 exactly ist what I'm talking about. We often have to reply to an eMail where issue isnt't mentioned anywhere. So we decide to modify the Subject by including our existing Jira Issue Id in the subject text. At that point, the message text still got no information about the Jira issue ID. So it would be great to mind the subject text for getting the link to the issue.

Maksym Yokha
Atlassian Team
September 26, 2019

@Martin Angleitner , I've created a ticket in our public issue tracker so you can track the updates over your request.

Also, if you've encountered any bugs or have a feature request you can leave a feedback or reach Atlassian support directly from the add-in:

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 1.11.27 PM.png

Thanks for sharing your experience and have a good day!

Bronagh Quinn October 14, 2019

Since the addition of Request type when creating an issue I can no longer create a ticket with an internal Issue type. 

Mattia Colombi October 15, 2019

Hello,

about Jira Service Desk, can JSD Customers and external users use this outlook addon?

I would like even not registered customers could open ticket using this tool, 

Currently I set customer permissions in jira service desk project as "can create issue only customers add to my project", because I want that customers don't see the other projects from customer portal.

But from email, or from this tool, I'd like that anyone can create issue.

Is this feasible using this addon?

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
October 16, 2019

Hi @Bronagh Quinn

Thanks for your feedback. We've added this to our roadmap and will make it possible to switch back to issue types.

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
October 16, 2019

Hi @Mattia Colombi 

Currently, we do not support this. Only users who have product access to Jira can use this add-in.

This is something we were looking at, but there's no plan to support external customers yet. Besides, there are some limitations of Jira API which blocks us from implementing this.

Jon.Agnone November 7, 2019

I am also running into an issue between O365 desktop Outlook App and Jira Cloud Plugin. It was working for a few weeks, but I now get this error. Rebooted, removed and added again, all issues persist. Any suggestions? 

Annotation 2019-11-07 150750.png

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
November 7, 2019

Hi @Jon.Agnone 

Sorry for inconvenience we've fixed the issue, should work now.

Jon.Agnone November 8, 2019

Thank you Atlassian team, I am back in business. Thanks for the prompt attention! #goldstar

Like Maksym Yokha likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events