Try Atlassian for VS Code: New Bitbucket and Jira Software Cloud extension for Visual Studio Code

Hi Atlassian Community!

My name is Jonathan and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Atlassian extension for VS Code. This extension brings the best of Bitbucket Cloud and Jira Software Cloud into your IDE and is available today on the VS Code marketplace (detailed installation instructions below). The extension is open source, and I would love to hear about your experience using it.

Context and action right at your fingertips

We took the power of Bitbucket and Jira Software brought it to VS Code so you can create and review pull requests, kick off CI/CD, and work on issues from within your IDE. Listing all features supported by this extension would take too long, instead, here are a few highlights:

60e6c808-69bb-4653-b52d-9305e70b3ce6.jpeg

Questions? We have answers!

How do I install this?

Using the Atlassian for VS Code extension is simple and does not require help from a Jira or Bitbucket administrator.

Which Atlassian product versions do I need?

The extension worths with Bitbucket Cloud and Jira Software Cloud today. You can use it standalone with either Bitbucket or Jira Software, or in combination with both.

I have an issue, how can I get help?

Please submit an issue on our public issue tracker, we’re here to help. Also, feel free to contribute as well, the extension is open source.

I've got suggestions or questions, can I give you feedback?

Yes, please! We have plans for new features, but we'd love to hear how we can make this better for you. You can send us feedback directly from VS Code, send feedback using the 'Atlassian: Open Settings' and 'Atlassian: Open Welcome' pages available in the command palette.

If you tick the "Atlassian can contact me about this feedback" box we might reach out to better understand your needs.

I've tried it and I love it!

Nice! The team would love to hear that their hard work has paid off: if you could drop us a comment in the feedback form we'd really appreciate it, that's what keeps us going! If you would like to give us a little quote we could use when we announce the feature more widely we'd be eternally grateful.

42 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2019

This is good news. Any idea on if/when it might work with a very large Server instance behind a corporate firewall?

Like # people like this
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2019
Like # people like this
jackkoppa February 27, 2019

Really fantastic to see, and thank you for your work on this. All of the listed features look like huge productivity boosters. While our team is on a self-hosted version and can't use it yet, I'll watch happily and hope for future compatibility

Like Jesse Clark likes this
George Lewe (Lewe) February 28, 2019

Awesome news. I'd like to second Matt here. Does it work for Jira Server too?

Like # people like this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2019

One more vote for Server/DC compatible version.

Like # people like this
Anthony Silva February 28, 2019

+1 for hosted Server compatibility

Like # people like this
Mick February 28, 2019

will this work for Cloud Authentication using SSO? 

I am getting: Internal Server Error.

Like # people like this
Raghavendra Jha February 28, 2019

This will save a lot of time for sure. 

Ingo-Stefan Schilling April 6, 2019

I would love to see this also with non cloud Atlassian Jira / Bitbucket to work. Like the idea, want to use it, even ready to pay for it - but not with Altassian cloud.

Like # people like this
Mohamed Bakr April 23, 2019

Is this plugin will work for local JIRA - Bitbucket ??

Like # people like this
Aaron Kafton April 29, 2019

jetbrains *cough* please *cough*

Like # people like this
Alycio Bertazzo April 29, 2019

it's almost perfect to me, just needs an option to filter by current sprint on my issues. 

Like # people like this
e-shreveTI April 29, 2019

Does this mean a reversal of this 2015 decision?

https://blog.developer.atlassian.com/discontinuing-ide-connectors-support/

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Jurgen Schober April 29, 2019

Server version(s), please. ;)

Like biserkov likes this
brahmana April 29, 2019

I installed this just now and I can already see couple of very useful and time saving features w.r.t pull requests.

The most convenient is being able to checkout the source of a PR, make changes and update the PR. I review a lot of PRs and many a times there are some really small changes that I would want to make immediately and merge the PR instead of commenting and waiting for the dev to update. Works very well if the dev and reviewer work timings are different.

Loren Halvorson April 29, 2019

Are you working on any similar integration into Visual Studio 2017/2019?

Like # people like this
Syed Gardazi April 29, 2019

spaghetti

Soumya N April 29, 2019

Can this integration be extended to Visual Studio 2019 ?

Like ronald-lightimage likes this
WLun001 April 29, 2019

Would it bring support to Jetbrains IDEs?

Like # people like this
Andrea Franchini April 29, 2019

Same opinion as Alycio Bertazzo:
really nice plugin but "just needs an option to filter by current sprint on my issues"

Like # people like this
David Tierens April 29, 2019

Jetbrains IDE support please :) 

mikefleming_pmi April 29, 2019

Typo - just saying. ;)

Which Atlassian product versions do I need?

The extension worths with Bitbucket Cloud and Jira Software Cloud today. You can use it standalone with either Bitbucket or Jira Software, or in combination with both.

- April 30, 2019

Looks great.

Maybe unlikely because it is maintained by GitHub (which... also is Microsoft now, I guess), but still... here's one guy hoping for Atom support.

Atom already has extensive GitHub integration, but I'm not using GitHub, so... ;-).

Luis Miguel Quintino de Oliveira April 30, 2019

This is good but missing issue filter by sprint. I can't see the issues of a project in a specific sprint.

Like # people like this
Ziad Beyens April 30, 2019

I have this error popping frequently after connecting to Jira:

Capture.PNG

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events