Retiring full-page issue create in Jira Cloud

TL;DR: The full-page issue create experience will be retired for all Jira Cloud customers over the next 6 months.

Hello Jira Community,

I’m Arbaaz, a product manager on the Issue Create team in Jira Cloud. I’m announcing today that we’ll be retiring the full-page issue create experience over the next 6 months.

What is the full-page issue create experience?

Currently, you can find the full-page issue create experience by adding /secure/CreateIssue.jspa to your Jira site’s URL. While this was never an officially supported experience for Jira Cloud, some admins and users may have set it up using this knowledge base article for Jira Server and Data Center.

Why are we retiring it?

We’ve been working on modernising the Issue Create experience to make it enterprise-ready in terms of performance, reliability, and scale. In this pursuit, we also researched legacy trigger points that are now redundant/duplicated and identified full-page issue create as one of them.

What does this mean for me?

When we retire the full-page issue create, its URL will instead open the new and modernised issue create experience. This means that you’ll still be able to create issues with the same URL, and any bookmarks to the URL won’t break.

Pre-fill fields in the new issue create modal

If you prefill fields, like the Summary and Description fields, in the full-page issue create experience, you can still do the same in the new issue create modal. Try it out by using the Behaviours - ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud or Dynamic Forms for Jira apps on the Atlassian Marketplace.

Give us feedback

If you want more space on your issue create modal — for example, if you want to expand it to full screen — please vote and comment on this open feature request so we can prioritise it accordingly.

To let us know how we can make the new issue create experience better, any problems you’d like us to fix, or any concerns in general, leave us feedback in the comments section below. We’d love to hear how we can help you.

Thank you,
Arbaaz Gowher
Product Manager, Jira Cloud

6 comments

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2022

Thanks for this article @Arbaaz Gowher  - i did not know of that URL, but will be sure not to use it :)

One thing, I wonder is if I click on the Create button or press c for a Service Management project, how can I limit it us the same fields as on the customer portal?

Thank you

Jacques December 2, 2022

For me, in the new issue screen experience, there are too many horizontal lines and boxes in which fields are shown... it makes the screen overly crowded. Especially if you have Assets/Insight fields.

This is a JSM ticket, with some Assets fields as it really shows:

Slide1.JPG

In order to show how many lines and boxes there really are, I've exaggerated them below, in green:

Slide2.JPG

For me, as a user it is just too much. It doesn't help. It distracts.... And this is only half of the issue.

You might say: but yes, you can hide details, and so on, but is it really necessary that just a couple of fields fill up the entire screen? Do we need all these lines and boxes? In this sense, the old issue view was soberer, cleaner and less crowded to show the same info.

Just saying....

Like # people like this
Jehan Gonsalkorale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2022

Hi @Yatish Madhav

That's a great question. We've recently updated the issue create experience in Jira Service Management. We now surface the portal experience (with the exception of "Hide with preset value" fields, which do appear). You can toggle this off if needed, but if the toggle remains on, the experience is largely the same as the portal. 

You can read more about it here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/How-we-re-addressing-your-feedback-on-the-issue-create/ba-p/2161307

Does this answer your question? 

Best regards,

Jehan

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2022

Thanks for the link @Jehan Gonsalkorale  - I will read it and see if that does answer my question. I really hope it does :D

Like Jehan Gonsalkorale likes this
Michal Šípek March 9, 2023

Hi @Arbaaz Gowher

Is there any update on when this will happen like a known month?

I am asking so that we can react to this change in time and make changes in the organization.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michal

Jarosław Solecki _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 13, 2023

Ohh great move with preparing it for the enterprise. Together with UI Modification API is a great tool to improve the users' experience at the create screen. As a vendor, we also have to bother about 1 case less. 🎉

Also thank you for mentioning Dynamic Forms for Jira which helps to make the create screen adjusted to the user context.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events