Learn Advanced Roadmaps fast with Sample Plan

Hi Jira Community :wave:

If you plan and track work across teams and haven’t tried Advanced Roadmaps yet, we have just the right thing to help you get started: Sample Plan!

Introducing Sample Plan

Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 3.38.01 pm.png

Jira Software Advanced Roadmaps now provides the option to create sample plans using dummy data. This allows you to quickly get an idea of what a fully baked plan looks like and explore all the powerful capabilities of Advanced Roadmaps. Learn how to schedule tasks, map dependencies, and manage capacity – all completely risk-free in your sample plan.

How to create a sample plan

Update 16.1.23:

We fixed the issue related to translations. The feature is fully rolled out! Thank you for your patience 🙏🏼  

Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 9.15.56 am.png

Note: Sample plans can only be created by Jira Software administrators, but can be viewed by all Advanced Roadmaps users.

1. From the navigation at the top of the page, go to Plans > Create sample plan.

2. Give your sample plan a Name. Click Create sample plan.

3. Once your sample plan is created, you will see a notification on the bottom left of your screen. Click Open sample plan to start exploring Advanced Roadmaps!

Let us know what you think

Give Sample Plan a try and share your feedback below so we can continue to improve the Advanced Roadmaps experience. Happy planning! 

11 comments

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2022

Nice! I was building up something like this by myself (for internal and external use). This will definitely save me some time in the future 🎉

Like Roi Fine likes this
Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2022

This is great!

Like Roi Fine likes this
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

Good idea! 

Please can the docs also include the steps to delete the sample plan and its generated data?

Like # people like this
Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2022

Thanks! glad you like the feature. @Matt Doar, deleting the Sample Plan is done exactly like any other Plan (from the plan itself, or the view all plans page). The generated data is a Jira Software Project. Deleting it is done like with any other Project. Both of these "delete" actions are documented already. I hope that makes sense. 

Tom Miller December 19, 2022

Nice seeing this getting some work.  What do people think about a setting to hide Epics after x amount of time that they are closed?   I don't want them to go away immediately, but like 3 months later.  Or some configurable amount of time.  For a while, I want to show that the epic has been completed in meetings.  But at some point, everyone has seen that and I don't want them to show anymore.

Like Sean Thompson likes this
Sean Thompson December 19, 2022

zOMG - where has this been my whole life?!

Like Roi Fine likes this
Muhammad Azzazy December 19, 2022

Nice, that'd be helpful to showcase management what a good plan would look like so they are on board from the start.
Please think about adding the ability to duplicate a plan. I spend a considerable amount of time applying a set of customizations to new plans (and we have a lot of them). It'd be very helpful to just duplicate a plan and change the sources.

Like # people like this
Hailin.Zhang December 20, 2022

Great idea. Easily to give Agile/Dev team a try to Roadmaps!

Like Roi Fine likes this
Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2023

Hello team! 

I’m a product manager with the team who shipped Sample Plan. I'd love to better understand your experience with the feature so far and what we can improve. Please use this link to schedule time with me if you tried the feature and don't mind chatting.

Thank you!

Gordon Siegfriedt
Atlassian Team
April 12, 2023

These sample plans are phenomenal! I've been searching around for good demo environments for Advanced Roadmaps, and I had no idea this was sitting one click away the whole time. Thank you!

Melanie Liguet September 27, 2023

Hi @Roi Fine , 

It is possible to change "Sample Scrum Project" Configuration? 
by default, it is a "Team-managed software" and access is full open

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events