Introducing new features for Jira Software Cloud's roadmap

125 comments

Jean-Sebastien (GA) January 21, 2020

Doubling that: "Unfortunately, for the mature product teams, Next-Gen projects are still missing a lot of features and migration is another trouble. So even that this is an amazing feature I would very much like to use, I would really appreciate for you to add this feature in Classic projects until you decide to close them permanently."

Our projects are too advanced to be ported to Next Gen, which we didn't select at the time because of lack of too many things (workflows etc.). This RoadMap feature would bring the icing on the Classic cake :)

Felix Obes January 21, 2020

Very Powerful feature.

Michael Mueller January 21, 2020

take care for your early customers and implenet that in classic.

NEXT GEN is NO option for us.

John Walker January 22, 2020

This looks like a great feature. Unfortunately, we cannot migrate to Next-Gen projects until we are able to resolve an issue as something other than Done.

Freya Käbel January 22, 2020

But what wasnt fixed again is that the child issues timeline (start/end time) is not reflected in the roadmap...

Juulia Zumer January 22, 2020

Agree, that having this in classic projects would be great, especially for project management.

Andy Leatherland January 22, 2020

When will Features be available across the cloud solution, from a product owner prospective, we work as Epic's, Features, Stories, as a definition process and Tasks, Subtasks. as a development process.

At the moment we can't show features in product boards and road maps, and I notice above you have not included them here, you jumped from Epic to stories.

Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2020

Hi @Stephen Day 

This is something we want to explore but hasn’t been prioritised yet. We will give you guys more updates as we make progress on it.
Cheers,
Erika Sa
Product Manager

Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2020

@s.spijkerman 

Hi there, this is something we are actively looking into. We will remember to reach out to you for more feedback in the future. In the meantime, could you tell us a bit more about what you’re looking for?

Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
January 22, 2020

Hi @Kevin Davison 
Thanks for your suggestion on adding more linkages, we definitely agree. It’s an area we’ll look into in the future as we gather more interests. In the meantime, we are working hard to deliver a solution for not showing completed work in next-gen, whether its on the board, backlog or on the roadmap. Please stay tuned!

Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
January 22, 2020

@alex.lee 

Thanks for your feedback Alex! We understand that understanding progress according to the way your team works is critical. This isn’t prioritised in the near future but it is definitely in consideration to allow for more configuration.

Régis Odoardi Wonner January 22, 2020

Hi,

that's great. I don't really need a detailed roadmap.

in the future, is it possible to add a "milestone" to an EPIC bar?

Regards,

Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
January 22, 2020

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your interest in the roadmap feature. As promised, we are investigating how to bring it to classic projects. I will reach out to many of you soon for your input, so stay tuned!

Cheers,

Erika Sa

Atlassian Product Manager

Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
January 22, 2020

Hi @Régis Odoardi Wonner 

Visualising key dates on the roadmap is definitely a table stake. Could you tell us a bit more about how you'd like to see this feature to work? Where would you like to see it visualised on the roadmap and which key dates do you want to display? 

Régis Odoardi Wonner January 22, 2020

Hi @Erika Sa ,

usually, I have a roadmap with one or zero milestones linked with an EPIC like "Budget decision" or "Technical meeting". It means this EPIC could be changed at this precise date after several analysis tasks for example.

Today I create another EPIC, named"decision meeting", with a 1-day duration and it's not so clear for my team.

I'd like to have this "Milestone date" in an EPIC field (not mandatory field, can be blank).

Visually it could be a "Red vertical bar" at this date on the roadmap line.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2020

@Erika Sa  - Another vote for Roadmaps for Classic Projects!!  :-)

Timo Achilles January 27, 2020

very good progress, thanks for the additions within the roadmap. do you have anything on the roadmap regarding epic templates (recurring epics) look forward to a message. thanks from timo

Danny van Kammen February 11, 2020

What would be a nice feature is, to be able to hide columns. I use an add-on in chrome but they took it out of the chrome store :( 

corey_horning February 20, 2020

Not sure why Roadmaps is called roadmaps still. Seems like the only place for epics so call it epics

martijndeklerk February 21, 2020

The colors really help

Michael Glick April 27, 2020

This is great, but can you implement initiatives on top of epics? Not everything can be shoehorned at the epic-story level, and we need a way to show greater feature/initiative level progress on the roadmap.

Hierarchy:

Initiative > Epic > Story > Subtask

Sascha Adam April 27, 2020

I can't like comments, so here my vote for @Michael Glick and his comment about anpther initiatives level on top of epics.

Michael Glick May 12, 2020

@Sascha AdamI found that Atlassian created a story for this feature in Jira's backlog that's "Generating Interest"; please vote for it!

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-69441

Sumit_Bhutani May 19, 2020

Is there a certification for Jira portfolio or Roadmaps?

philipp_matuschka January 12, 2021

Would love to be able to see dependencies between tasks visualised. Currently it seems  that they are only visualised at Epic level

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events