Introducing new features for Jira Software Cloud's roadmap

125 comments

Michiko Myint December 17, 2019

Can you not make the Roadmaps available in Jira Classic Software instead of just the Next Gen?

thanks

Mich

Craig Lew December 17, 2019

+1 vote for classic projects!

Victor Burgos December 17, 2019

When will 7-day WORKWEEKS be implemented? Not everyone works a 9-5 M-F job

Rodrigo Sousa December 17, 2019

This is fantastic .... so when can we start using this feature? Will it be free?

Masha Aksenova December 17, 2019

Filtering by Status does not seem to be working correctly anymore since the hierarchy of child tasks has been added to the roadmap.

For example, if an epic is in "In Progress" state but has at least one child task that is "Done", then filtering the roadmap by Status = Done results in displaying that epic (which is "In Progress") in the list of epics.

This is misleading behavior.

Will Badger December 17, 2019

Looks nice, but I agree with all here that classic projects are desperate for a roadmap.

Take user feedback from JIRA Portfolio and get a solid roadmap tool MVP out for JIRA classic - that would retain me and I'm guessing many on this board as customers in the long run.

Bethany Holt December 17, 2019

This is a great improvement!  Any plans in the near future to be able to view/filter by priority from the Roadmap?

Michael Vartanyan December 17, 2019

Next gen is far from being a viable candidate for migration for any serious project / team. It would be nice to have this feature in classic though

Daniel Siegel December 17, 2019

+1 please add this for classic as well

Bastien Abraham December 17, 2019

Is-it possible to have the sum of remaining time estimate for each sprint ? It is very useful for the planning.

Thank you

Danny van Kammen December 17, 2019

Hi. it looks very promising.  And i would love to try it, but.... is s***s that i can't change the permissions or the roles for the 'next gen' projects. I do mis a lot that i do have in the 'normal' projects.

Oh and i miss the 'developer' comment option. i do now in the new view and jou have to go back to the 'old' view

does this make any sense :D

Nick TenBrink December 17, 2019

Cute that this is available in the NextGen Projects.
Terrible that you are not planning on making this available in Classic Projects, I know that Atlassian is not publicly stating that this will never be part of Classic Projects, but I've been a customer too long to have faith that you will bring this into the Classic Projects. So many missing features in your NextGen offerings.

And yes, i'm a former JIRA Portfolio user, so i know how much this all can be improved for organizations that are powerusers, with 20-30 teams

John Volosen December 17, 2019

How about stopping being stubborn and allow us to create/view hierarchical tasks instead of having to go thru the Epic nonsense. I wish my company was not so invested into JIRA, and instead choose to switch to a competing product that actually listens to their users/developers and gives them what they ask for. I should be able to create hierarchical tasks as first class citizens (meaning the hierarchy should be visible in the backlog, etc). 

Michael Nieminen December 17, 2019

It won't see light of day in our organization until it's implemented in Classic. Next-gen, just like the new Confluence pages, are missing so many features they are unusable. That said, there's a lot of pressure to switch to Microsoft tools, which have come a long way, for our next projects so we may not be around to see it.

Jean-Michel Bernard December 17, 2019

Great feature, but we'd prefer to have it also in Classic projects, as we use one of each for different purposes.

Taishiro_Fujita December 17, 2019

do you have a plan to add the feature to classic project?

Andy Mehalick December 17, 2019

+1 for adding this to classic projects

As a CTO with several engineering teams and a big investment in classic projects I'm always sad to read about things I've wanted for years only available in next-gen projects. Please strongly consider making this available in classic projects or make next-gen as full-featured and give us a migration path.

Victor Burgos December 17, 2019

When will 7-day WORKWEEKS be implemented? Not everyone works a 9-5 M-F job

진욱 정 December 17, 2019

Atlassian has no understanding of what is required in the field.

Your update is not satisfactory. Poor~

JIRA's Roadmap doesn't help.

David Weichel December 17, 2019

+1 for classic.

Rahman December 17, 2019

I also vote to put this feature in the classic project.

Igor Kosoy December 17, 2019

I am not a mind reader,  but I could guess one of two possible responses from Atlassian here.  

1) open support request and vote for it.  Once we have enough votes (read it as never) , then it will  be addressed. 

Or 

2) No response at all. 

Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2019

Hi everyone,

We appreciate your enthusiasm and passion for this capability. Our team is currently looking into bringing the roadmap experience into classic projects. While I can't promise that this will take place in the near future, we are actively looking for your input in this process. Please vote on this ticket if you haven't already, and find some time with me here in the new year so I can ensure we'll be delivering the experience that can best meet your needs in classic. 

In the meantime, we are bringing some much needed capabilities in next-gen projects in the coming year. Please watch our public roadmap to see what's in the working. 

Cheers,

Erika Sa 

Atlassian Product Manager

Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2019

Hi @ericwdolan

Let me first say that I completely understand your frustration - roadmap is so close yet so far from meeting your need. It'd make much more sense for you to plan and visualise your team's work all in Jira, instead of hiring Instagantt. 

From your attachment, I see that Instagantt is designed for teams following a process that is best mapped with a gantt chart.While we did consider this use case when building the roadmap experience, we eventually decided to follow what the majority feedback from the research said, that many agile teams found mapping story level issues to the timeline to be too waterfall-like and cumbersome.

However, this is not to say that we will not cater to your use case. The roadmap is designed to be simple and light-weight today; there are many advanced features to come in the future. At the end of the day, customer feedback is what guides us and we’re all about ruthless prioritisation to maximise customer value. So please keep the feedbacks coming and I recommend you raise a ticket to gather public interest in this feature (follow this link).

I'm also keen to get in touch with you to make sure I fully understand your need. Unfortunately this is end of the year so my only availabilities are in the new year, but feel free to find some time here. I look forward to it.

Cheers,

Erika Sa

Atlassian Product Manager

Nirmit Mishra December 17, 2019

Please include Roadmap feature in Classic mode.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events