A better navigation for Jira Cloud is coming soon [available now]

241 comments

Antonio Francis December 17, 2019

Hi Matt,

My name is Tony and I am the Jira Software Admin for the Organisation that I work for.

Currently we use Jira Software and also the Zephyr Test Management add-on.

Would it please be possible to show me where the Zephyr link will be placed in the new top bar and show me what the drop down options are.

Also can you show me the Projects options as in the gif you do not select that.

Thanks,

Tony.Zephyr TM.PNG

JAC December 19, 2019

well, we are avid users of Jira, but not for development management, we are a global team of professionals that perform presales and implementation of our software solutions. and we use Jira to manage, assign, collaborate and track all our tasks globally. I prefer this navigation over the old one, but please keep the interface for a while, for the last year and a half the interface has changed 2 times already and users sometimes get confused.  We love our Jira and we built if form scratch, pilot it in Australia, expanded it to APAC and now rolling out globally in APAC, Europe, the Americas and the Middle East. 

Matt Tse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2019

@Antonio Francis ,

Great questions. Marketplace apps that are globally scoped, like Zephyr will be placed in the Apps menu item, as seen below. 

top_menu_apps.png

This is what the Projects menu will look like:

Projects menu.png

If you have any further questions, please feel free to email me at mtse[at]atlassian.com.
Matt Tse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2019

@JAC ,

I appreciate the positive feedback about the new nav and you sharing your thoughts about the impact of the constant changes. Our product teams do take that to heart and it’s never our intent to disrupt our customers' workflows. We have teams looking into this in more detail so that we can help our customers be more successful in using our Cloud products.

daxaxelrod December 23, 2019

Great work! Can't wait to try it out.

Karthekeyan_Sundararaj December 24, 2019

Hi @Matt Tse  - when is the new look expected to be released to everyone?

Matt Tse
Atlassian Team
January 5, 2020

@Karthekeyan_Sundararaj ,

We're still in the midst of planning the rollout and building the experience. Our plan of record is to roll the new navigation out in the first quarter (Jan-Mar) of 2020. For more information on the progress, I'd encourage you to follow our public issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-73180.

Kristijan Luburic [venITure] January 8, 2020

Looks really nice. We will test the early access version as we would need to apply changes to our new launched app for creating your own themes/colours on Jira Cloud :D

Create your own theme and expand your user experience with ThemeBuilder for Jira Cloud

Mark Thompson January 16, 2020

This is how the last navigation update should've rolled out.  Giving users the option to turn it on or off is the way to go.  Keep in mind I'm a big whiner when I don't like something 8-)

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2020

@Matt Tse - is there a cutoff date for when the option to turn on/off will be available? Or will users always have the option going forward of which navigation to use?

Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2020

Has the new navigation been rolled out to any customers yet?

Matt Tse
Atlassian Team
February 2, 2020

@Kristijan Luburic [venITure] ,

If you haven't already signed up for the EAP for marketplace vendors, I'd encourage you to do so here. Alternatively, please email me directly at mtse[at]atlassian.com to confirm your participation.

@Mark Thompson ,

Thanks Mark! That's really resounding to hear. We strongly believe this will help our customers adjust to the changes more smoothly.

@Esther Strom ,

By default, the option for individual users to turn on/off will be available. And yes, the old UI will be removed eventually, but not straight away. While we’re in the process of rolling out the new navigation, you’re free to switch back and forth between the two. Once we’ve fully rolled out the new navigation, we’ll begin the process of removing the old navigation, but we’ll let you know before we remove it.

@Julian Governale ,

Not yet! Our team is still working on the build. Please follow our public issue to see how we're tracking. 

krishna February 5, 2020

@Matt Tse 

I am using atlassian navigation extension.My add-on comes under Apps section but i am not able to see all menus of my add-on as per new jira cloud ui. Only main menu comes under apps sections other items still coming on left side. So, what changes should i need to do from my side. ?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Navigation-issue-in-new-jira-cloud-UI/qaq-p/1292609#M406126

Mark Long February 11, 2020

@Matt Tse I just got the new nav under EAP, and I just wanted to say that it is a massive improvement over the current nav -- it makes Jira feel much more responsive and accessible, and the additional horizontal screen real estate in e.g. boards will be a non-trivial productivity booster. Can't wait until this rolls out in production for all of my clients.

coderdiaz February 11, 2020

Please add Dark Mode support :(

Peter Babel February 11, 2020

I second and third the "Dark Mode" comment! :)

Nikos Dimitrakopoulos February 11, 2020

Looks good (finally - it was pretty annoying to be honest)

Kristine Johnson February 11, 2020

Maybe < Create Linked Issue > will be easier to find! Right now it is buried under "See the old view".

trivard February 11, 2020

This looks like it will be really helpful

Stephen T February 11, 2020

Does this apply to only Next-Gen projects? Or will it apply to Classic Projects as well?

nathan February 11, 2020

any changes you are making really shouldn't be opt-in. It should be opt-out, as the current state is in dire need of change.

Patrick Nelson February 11, 2020

Please don't change the ticket view/edit/create templates, because the beta (that you automatically rolled me into for some reason) was really not very usable. 

David Aguilera February 11, 2020

I, for one, cannot wait until the UI is updated yet again in another 3 months. It keeps things exciting. Every day is a new adventure where I spend hours learning how to do the same thing I was able to do in the last update that broke it. 

Yashika February 11, 2020

Hi Team,

We are new to JIRA is there anyone in Auckland that facilitates training on behalf of Atlassian?

Regards,

Yash

Reginald Mullin February 11, 2020

I feel like it's Christmas all over again!  Thank you for FINALLY rolling out the new nav; it's much appreciated.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events