A better navigation for Jira Cloud is coming soon [available now]

241 comments

Trong Nguyen May 26, 2020

The new UI nav screen is so nice, much easier than previous version and no need to remember any specific and frequently used links/icons - I like it very much - thanks guys!

Elane Gonçalves May 27, 2020

Hello,

I agree with these 95% of users, the previous navigation is much better, whenever I consult an Issue I go back to the previous navigation.

ackvf May 28, 2020

The horizontal bar at the top takes up more space than the vertical one. I am not liking this transition.

Matt Tse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2020

@Haim Arazy , @Hogan Haake ,

Point taken and I understand that constant change can be frustrating. I know that not every change is going to resonate with everyone especially given the diverse set of use cases Jira is used for. We are looking into better ways of releasing changes in a more systematic way. 

@Edward Battistini ,

The new navigation should be available for your instance by now. If you're still not seeing it, feel free to have your site administrator reach out to our support team to troubleshoot it further. 

@Matt Sywulak ,

Not at all! The new navigation doesn't change any of the existing search experiences. You can still do both single project and cross-project searches.

@Andrew H , @pramod.b ,

Thanks for the excitement and positivity! 

Matt Tse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2020

@Elane Gonçalves ,

Could you tell me more about why you prefer the previous navigation? Many users are finding the new one more intuitive and easier to navigate with. 

@ackvf ,

I understand the vertical real estate is important and this is one of the things we're looking to improve in the near-future. Please keep an eye on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-73180 for more information.

Matt Sywulak May 28, 2020

@Matt Tse Actually, I meant more like the new search bar at the top if I start typing in a value for a field that I know is unique within the specific project I'm working on it'll bring back that field being used in many others projects causing me not to find what I'm looking for in the one I'm viewing. I can do it in the advanced filter page of course but was curious if that was able to happen in this new search bar.

It just activated on our tenant today and it seems like it's just the same functionality as the old search bar so it would appear that I can't do that. Unless there's a filter I'm missing that's available for the new search bar at the top. Basically when you click into it it says "Search Jira" not "Search Project" 

William Sheboy June 3, 2020

Hi @Matt Tse 

Sorry for the delay in responding.  You may find the repro steps and the issue disposition from Atlassian on this support ticket: JST-569921

Julie Nunziata June 8, 2020

I tried it.  It's terrible.  I can't find anything, links are missing, my search results bring up nothing.  I switched back to the current view.  

Dmitry Skorikov June 8, 2020

How long should we wait for you to fix the bug in opera browser? I have already wrote you a message, but months has passed and nothing has done!

ONCE AGAIN: when trying to log hours in 'Time tracking' modal window and typing for just one symbol in 'Time spent' input the whole page is just f**ing freezing out! We are in payment account, so why should we change our regular workspace because of your bugs???

Your navigation is awful! I have heard it from my colegues in my country and in your country too!!! awful!

Szymon Bortel June 18, 2020

Back to the past where everything was so simple.

Matt Tse
Atlassian Team
June 24, 2020

@Matt Sywulak ,

Thanks for the follow up details Matt! Your observation is correct in that the search experience is effectively the same as it was before. The only difference is that the form factor/UI we present it in is different. I've passed along this feedback to our Search & Smarts' team so that they have awareness. If they have any follow-up questions, I'll suggest that they reach out to you directly.

@William Sheboy ,

Thanks for referencing the support ticket Bill. I had a look at this with the team and can confirm it is a bug that we're able to reproduce. This has been prioritized and we will be working on it in our next sprint (starts next week). I've created a public ticket to track this that you can follow here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-74678.

@Julie Nunziata 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties using the new navigation. If you'd like to elaborate on what it is you're finding more difficult to find, feel free to email me at mtse@atlassian.com. We tested this experience with many of our customers and users and saw that it was easier to find things. We know it doesn't solve all of Jira's findability-related problems, but we are confident that it's a step in the right direction.

@Dmitry Skorikov ,

Hi Dmitry, sorry to hear that the new navigation is causing you some headaches in the Opera browser. Would you mind sharing with me the support ticket you raised about this? Feel free to email me directly at mtse@atlassian.com. 

@Sean Neilan ,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way about Jira. One of our key values at Atlassian is to do right for our customers. In this instance, we received overwhelming feedback from customers that the old (sidebar) navigation in Jira Cloud was limiting, which is what led us to design the new navigation. From our rollout so far, we have seen that 99% of those who try the new nav prefer it. I do however completely understand and acknowledge that change itself can be tiresome and there is more work we can definitely do here to make this a more pleasant experience. If you'd like to chat further about this topic, feel free to reach out via email: mtse@atlassian.com.

@Szymon Bortel ,

Old is new again! :) But in all seriousness, we have learned a lot from this experience and we are excited to be rolling these changes out.

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2020

This may have been answered, but I don't have time to read 10 pages of feedback. How can I get to the View All Boards page that existed in the old navigation? As site admin, I need to be able to see that list to manage boards without going into each project (of which we have dozens) separately. Specifically, I need to be able to delete boards.

delmario
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2020

two ways that I've used.

1. goto this URL:  https://yoursite.atlassian.net/jira/boards

2. Or go into a project, select the drop-down beside the board, scroll down to "View all boards" option at bottom.

Trym Asserson October 21, 2020

Bit late to the party, but did no one posting user feedback on the top navigation suggest that "Boards" were missing there?

Our JIRA cloud is heavily based on using boards and now it's so tedious going to the boards - either by clicking on an arbitrary project and then going into boards from the left menu appearing there, or by searching for a board. I just want to click on a drop-down option 'Boards' that remembers the last boards I've been on, has a link to "View all (boards)" or has a search input there - as opposed to the top bar 'Search' field which searches everything, including boards.

karlwelday February 16, 2021

Dark mode?

nikolai December 21, 2021

@Matt Tse What about colored svg in side navigation. After adding background colors for projects, all plugin's icons have become dissimilar with default Jira icons. And now I can't find any information about it in documentation

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events