241 comments

Saumya_Pathak April 28, 2020

Excited to see!

james_licong April 28, 2020

Impressive.

james_licong April 28, 2020

Thumbs up!

Kamil_Kseń April 29, 2020

All cool guys, really appreciate that. But wouldn't be better to focus on performance issues? I think this hurts all of us the most 😔

Aleksandra Romińska April 29, 2020

In my opinion again too many changes at once. I've already used to the new navigation, and there is new. But looks more simple.

Luis Pernas April 29, 2020

First badge cool

Giovanni Tummarello April 29, 2020

??? Eating awaythe already scarce vertical space (browser bar, browser tabs, windows bar, screen geometry) in a time and age when people have wider and wider screens?

Peter Turner April 29, 2020

Looks good!

Faiz Ahmad April 29, 2020

Great, like it.

mahbubul April 29, 2020

So far looks good

Ailton Junior April 29, 2020

Uau, ansioso para poder utilizar essa ferramenta nova.

Deleted user April 29, 2020

When are you going to add dark mode to the web versions? I totally love the app on macOS but please add this feature in all plattforms!

Patrick_Henry April 29, 2020

The only thing I care about is having a search without your stupid "Smart Search Query" attached to it.

Gaurav Shah April 29, 2020

Will be really glad once we have the navigation & menu up top.

Saves clicks and digging through

On another note:

Performance is real slow on the cloud version of JIRA, especially if you are coming from the on-prem version which was lightning fast compared to this.

Have had so many mishaps/misclicks because my mouse is faster than JIRA :(

waheed_ashraf_viziya_com April 29, 2020

Looks good

delmario
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2020

Really looking forward to using the new look!

CARVALHIDO Fúlvio April 29, 2020

Daam that looks nice.

eren April 29, 2020

will this also bring the accessibility features? eg. hitting Z was switch to full screen with higher contrast OR navigating between backlog and board by pressing 1,2,3 etc. 

...and dark mode?! 

eren April 29, 2020

Will it make page loads faster? If I could ask 1 thing from JIRA, that'd be make the app 10x faster. Nothing else would be above it, as it's pain to wait for the app the load for anything.

Thanks. 

Brandon McConnell April 29, 2020

@Matt Tse Nice! Will this also come packaged with Dark Mode support?

I use Windows and macOS for work, and I'm eager for a Windows app!

Ivan Jovanovic April 29, 2020

Fewer clicks to move between screens:

Yes, please and thank you.

A clear indication of which product you’re in

Yes, please and thank you.

Dan Cumings April 29, 2020

I use Jira constantly and still get confused by the current navigation.  I can eventually find what I need but often i have to back out of what I am doing to find what I am looking for.  Example is when I want to create a new project and I am on a project Board I have to back out to the main navigation to find the Project List so i can create a new project.  

Confluence is just a mess.  The only somewhat organized app is Bitbucket, which has been getting a little better at its integration with jira but still feels disconnected from Confluence.  Also the licensing for all the products is otherworldly.  We have a joke that Atlassian likes to nickle and dime its customers to death.  It's a good business model but it makes it so we never want to go above 10 users in Confluence and do not want to install any plugins or extra features for fear of ballooning costs.

I feel like next gen projects are a way of Atlassian taking another look at the product they made and deciding to simplify it and clean it up.   They still need to transfer a few things over such as bitbucket integration(so pull requests automatically transition tickets) and the Epic and Release sidebar.

Darren John April 29, 2020

This should improve my experience as traversing between dashboards and releases felt like too much nav.

Christopher Reimschussel April 29, 2020

Maybe we can see a dark mode next? ;)

Chris Riley April 29, 2020

I am REALLY looking forward to the fixed search box in the new navigation!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events