Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We couldn’t save your approval response

Pradeep Lokhande February 3, 2022

Hello team, 

Jira service management issue: We couldn’t save your approval response while approving the change request. 

1) I"m using default Change management workflow as below.

ch_workflow.JPG

2) Change approve automation which is working fine as per the below screenshot. 

ch_auto.JPG

3) Error while approving a request. 

ch_error.JPG

Please help to fix this error. 

Thanks 

Pradeep Lokhande

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2022

Hi Pradeep,

What happens when the user clicks on Approve? What does it transition to? I would check that transition to see if there is a validator or condition which is preventing that user from executing the transition for the Approve button. 

Thanks for the reply @John Funk 

Nothing move whenever the user clicks on approve. I added some validators in the workflow however it's not working after revert too. 

Thanks

Pradeep Lokhande

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2022

Can you share the current screenshot of the transition details in the workflow? 

Like this:

screenshot.png

0 votes
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2022

Hey @Pradeep Lokhande 

Few questions..

Was this working before ? Any changes that were recently made on this project ?

Are the other approvers able to approve ?

Are other JSM features working ?

Regards,

Vishwas

@Vishwas 

- It was not working before too.

-Its working for request workflow.

- Yes. Other JSM features working

Thanks

Pradeep Lokhande

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2022

Okay, if it is working for other request workflow, then you may have to check the workflow. Have you given what transition it has to move when the approval is done.

As @John Funk  please check the validators in the workflow.

One more thing i found was in case site subscription for product is expired then we may see this issue as mentioned here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Cannot-Approve/qaq-p/1751882

I hope that is not the case here

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events