Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure non-licensed access to Work Management Project Plan

Ed Mallette November 29, 2022

I have a use case where some of our project managers would like to be able to provide public or secure public access to their task lists in a given project.

Is there a way to do this ?  I am on a paid service management (not free) subscription and I don't want to pay for licenses for every possible person that wants to view the tasks ?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

Hi @Ed Mallette , every user in a Jira Work Management project is a licensed user. There are no read-only "guest" accounts available without a license.

Ed Mallette November 29, 2022

that's unfortunate.

Like Patrick Metzdorf likes this
0 votes
Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 17, 2023

Hi @Ed Mallette ,

If you don't mind using the app for this goal, I can suggest one. It takes you 1 minute to set up a customer portal from any Jira Cloud project and let your teammates who don't need access to Jira feed requests into it and see what the team is working on. The app works as a 'Jira mirror' but with a simpler interface and cleaner overall experience.

And it's definitely cheaper than having Jira licenses. You can calculate the price on the marketplace for your Jira instance size. Marketplace apps are billed for the number of users in your Jira instance. I hope it helps you.

Saralie S.
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 22, 2023

@Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_ Hello! Reposting, copy-paste content, mass upvoting, sock-puppeting, impersonating users, necroposting (raising a post from the dead) and any other unethical behavior. As well as this copy-paste commenting. 

This thread is two years old, please remove your comments on old threads and refrain from commenting in the future. 

See our guidelines

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events