List no longer filters correctly

Ken Jacobs May 26, 2022

It used to work. I have a dashboard that shows a status of "To Be Logged" and there are issues there. I now go to list and apply the "To Be Logged" status and I get zero issues.logged3.jpglogged4.jpg

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christopher.Deane May 26, 2022

Hi Ken,

I don't remember dashboards having the filter in your screenshot natively, but I'm happy to be corrected. If it's a plugin, it might require someone with knowledge of the plugin.

From a general troubleshooting perspective though, there are a few things noted below:

Do you have any issues in that status if you don't filter the dashboard at all?
I'm thinking you have one of a number of paths for investigation:

- There aren't any tickets in that status. Run the following JQL to check that.

project=[PROJECT_NAME] and status in ("To Be Logged") order by created DESC

Note. Please update [PROJECT_NAME] to be your project name.

If this shows results, it's likely that you need to check the filters behind your dashboard.

- There's an issue with the filters on your dashboard. Remove all filters and see if you have any issues in the "To Be Logged" status showing on your dashboard.

The first point has a few directions if there are no results from the JQL, but we can go into that when you've checked if required.

Ken Jacobs May 26, 2022

Thank you for the detailed answer!

0 votes
Ken Jacobs May 27, 2022

The only reason I used List was to change the status easily. I can change it on the dashboard I guess.

0 votes
Ken Jacobs May 27, 2022

I go to Projects>List and have no filters engaged. The result is only the issues that are Open. I apply the filter where status=To Be Logged and nothing is displayed as a result. loggedB.jpg

Christopher.Deane May 29, 2022

Did you get any results from the JQL in my last comment?
project=[PROJECT_NAME] and status in ("To Be Logged") order by created DESC

It looks like you are using the List View for Jira.

You either have an issue with the plugin or don't have any issue in that status at the moment. Even if it sounds far fetched, a bulk update or change to a workflow could change the status on a huge number of tickets, so check the query.

On another note, I would suggest you can probably achieve what you are looking for using quick filters in your backlog or the filter view in Jira rather than using a plugin. 

Quick Filters

Quick Filters.png

You can create a seperate board and have a quick filter for each status you want to query or run it however you want.

Filter View

Basically the Jira search view and you can save a query with a lot of the fields preset, define which columns show in the output and even select which filters are showing by default.

Filters1.pngFilters2.png

Ken Jacobs May 29, 2022

I really appreciate your taking the time. I have a filter on a dashboard to show the issues with "To Be Logged". I will probably just stick with it. I just liked the ability of the List feature to more easily change the status.

Is List a plugin?

I double-checked the SQL in the filter and it appears fine.

Thanks again.

Ken Jacobs May 31, 2022

All of a sudden it appears to be working! All I did was change the group status to priority.

Like Christopher.Deane likes this
Christopher.Deane May 31, 2022

Great to hear Ken,

Glad your issue is resolved.

Sounds like an issue with the plugin that was resolved by either an update or the change you made corrected a data issue.

Ken Jacobs June 1, 2022

Thanks so much for your patience and expertise!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events