Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Work Management (Cloud) free version adding people to team project cannot remove them after

Nicholas Rathwell July 20, 2022

Seem that Jira Work Management (Cloud) free version

E.g. on a team project, with the free version everyone added is a admin of the project and you change change people role or permission, its admin for all unless we upgrade to a paid version.

Question; I can't seem to find how to remove someone from a project once they are added.

2 answers

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2022

Hi @Nicholas Rathwell 

I understand that you are wanting to be able to remove a user from a project when using the Free plan.  There is not a clear way to do this unfortunately within the free plans.  The feature that controls this ability is actually controlled within the project level permissions, which is only available to paid plan sites.

As a work-around, I found that you could go into the Cog Icon > User Management and select the ... menu for that user, then choose revoke access to the site for that account.  This also has the affect of removing that user from the project, but it would also do this for all products and projects across the site.

The management of users within a project has been designed to be a feature within paid plans only.

I hope this helps.

Andy

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2022

Hi Nicholas - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I am not having this problem. Can you share more details? 

Nicholas Rathwell July 20, 2022

Hi John, thank you for your quick reply.

Please see screen shot below and ref points;

1. there is no ... to get a menu to maybe select delete.

2. Mentioning that on the free version you cannt choose the permission role.

3. Only allow me to add extra admins.

2022-07-20_20-34-34.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2022

Well, that's weird because I see Remove beside each person. Let me see if someone from Atlassian can take a look at it. 

Graziela G_ Weber July 21, 2022

I have two profiles.
The admin can always add and delete.
The user can not.
Nicholas Rathwell have a look if you are as main admin.

And it's nnot the correct place, where you are now :)

It must be here...
Click on show details or ... and can delete :)
delete users from group.png

For atlassian admin: why we can copy/paste pictures? it take to many time to save and upload and so make it more difficult to help the forum members. Thank you

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events