Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've been spammed by JWM Cloud

Deleted user April 9, 2023

I've been tagged by a spammer and I cannot find a way to either block or report the spammer nor remove myself from the projects I've been added to or block the future possibility of getting invited. Can someone help please?

UPDATE: Getting three spam invites a day now. No way to stop the "new" projects from emailing me, I seem to be getting enrolled against my will.

https://34tqlves2a16dhq7au4w.atlassian.net/browse/BWCWFHRSB-3?atlOrigin=eyJpIjoiZTQwYzA1ZGJkMmUwNDUzZGE2ZGNhODA5NGNhZDZkNjIiLCJwIjoiaiJ9
https://fr06ttq9b69bs41ss628.atlassian.net/browse/IQQBCHXNW-62?atlOrigin=eyJpIjoiNzk3OGJlNzdmZGIyNGI3YjhmMzNmOGJmODc2OTBlMzkiLCJwIjoiaiJ9
https://fr06ttq9b69bs41ss628.atlassian.net/browse/IQQBCHXNW-41?atlOrigin=eyJpIjoiMDAzZTU1YmI0MmFkNDIxM2I5M2U4YmQzZmU5Nzg0MjQiLCJwIjoiaiJ9

2 answers

0 votes
Maxim Nazaruk June 5, 2023

The same problem here. I got invitation via e-mail which I can not decline. And despite the fact I did not accept the invitation I am now getting spammed via notifications. 
image.pngimage.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2023

Please forward the email to abuse@atlassian.com

Like Maxim Nazaruk likes this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2023

Hi Stas - Welcome to the Atlassian Community! Can yo explain a little more how you are getting spammed? If it is the pop-ups promoting products inside the tool, you can turn that off by going to 

Settings > System > General Configuration

Scroll to the bottom and turn off the product recommendations.

Screenshot.png

Deleted user April 10, 2023

Hi @John Funk I've updated the question with links where I've been spammed from. I hope this helps. I didn't look too closely into it, but I seem to be tagged in a comment on some random issues. The comment text is naturally in Russian and is your typical phishing spam.

I think that, unlike an on-premise, a SaaS product should have "report as spam" and "block user" functions as a minimum.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2023

Thanks for the update - but no one will be able to access individual issues in your private instance. 

I suggest you do the above to turn off product recommendations and see if that helps. 

Deleted user April 11, 2023

@John Funk I'm not sure I understand what you are suggesting. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2023

you can turn that off by going to 

Settings > System > General Configuration

Scroll to the bottom and turn off the product recommendations

Deleted user April 12, 2023

@John Funk I'm sorry, "Settings > System > General Configuration" where?

I don't have any JIRA instances of my own. All I had was a BitBucket account that forced me to have an Atlassian ID, and here I am getting spammed from JWM Cloud that I didn't know even existed until a few days ago.

All I want is for Atlassian to look at this issue seriously because now that the spammers have found it they will continue abusing it, or find a way for me to stop it. Gmail spam filter does a great job of routing these emails into the junk folder, but I didn't think Atlassian want to have their mail servers tagged as spam in the long run.

Deleted user April 14, 2023

Is this community even monitored by Atlassian?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2023

No directly by most product managers or other Atlassians. This is a community of users. You should open a support ticket with Atlassian if you need/want them to respond directly to you. 

vyacheslav_klevchenya May 20, 2023

2023-05-21_08-13.png2023-05-21_08-13_1.png

Joining the same question.
Last time "someone" started add me to the "their" Jira work management.

I had try to find "Setting -> System -> General Configuration" as @John Funk suggested - but neither in Account settings, nor other places I could.

So, there are several security problems (and I didn't face with them before, so it can be some recent "zero-day"?):
1. Impossible to decline invitation/tagging to spam workspace
2. Impossible to block incoming requests from unconfirmed sources. Previously, the same problem was on Google Sheets, but Google managed it via settings restrictions.

To be honest, it is not "just annoying spam", but can be chained security problem. And if someone "bad" will get access to some Atlassian clients accounts (not just in Atlassian, but on other levels) it can be law case...

XeaLouS May 24, 2023

Same as vyacheslav. I can't decline, or leave. I use atlassian products and i've already accidentally clicked one of these.

spam.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events