Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add a filter by Assignee in Jira Structure ?

Céline AUDARD August 6, 2021

I have already set some filters : Capture.JPG

As I try to add a fiilter by assigne (assignee = currentuser()) or Assignee = firstname.lastname), the structure shown is empty.

Could you pplease help me to set that filter properly?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dionathan Lopes _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 6, 2021

Hello @Céline AUDARD 

Thank you for sharing your Structure question here on the Atlassian Community.

The currentuser() function doesn't work in generators as expected due to the Structure's architecture. In any structure, all generators run on behalf of the same user - the structure's owner(you can find this user in any generator's configuration as the Runs As user). The owner can't be a dynamic user so the currentuser() function can't work here because, from the generator's perspective, the structure's owner is the current user at all times. 

For the Assignee = firstname.lastname, filtering by a specific user should work, so it's unclear why it doesn't in your case. To help us better understand your set-up, do you mind providing some screenshots with the results when you add this filter? Please reach out to us directly at support.almworks.com , in order to avoid public sharing your set-up.

In the future, it will be possible to filter by the current user, so if you are interested, we can send an update to the ticket once it's released.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Dionathan Lopes
[ALM Works]

0 votes
Céline AUDARD August 9, 2021

Thanks a lot for your return.

Here is the structure we are working with. We’ve got some Initiatives with Epics, Tasks (story, bug) and sub task linked. Lots of issues….

I would need to filter by Assignee, to know my to do list.

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2021

Hi @Céline AUDARD

Would you be able to share what you are trying to accomplish with the report? Your structure values have a lot of insert and add lines that may be simplified.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events