Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Management with Jira Work Management

Rudolph Braun January 24, 2022

How can I save changes to a MS Word file beeing attached to a Jira Work Management issue? Do I have always to attach again the new version of the MS Word file or can I also save changes inside an attached MS Word file?

3 answers

3 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Yes, you would have to attach the updated document every time you make a change to it. Instead of using JSM for document management, I would recommend that you use Confluence instead.

Rudolph Braun January 25, 2022

Thanks!

Like # people like this
Prashant Ambawale July 3, 2023

If we use confluence then do we have to use a third party product or we can do this on our own. 

Like John Funk likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Attaching anything that is likely to need updates to any Jira Project type is a bad idea, for the simple reason of version control (or the lack there of). Which is why I second @Mikael Sandberg and suggest Confluence for such content. 

Even using sharepoint for your document repository with links from relevant Jira issues is a better solution than attaching documents/spreadsheets etc.

Thanks a lot!

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2022

Hi Rudolph,

You will have upload the changes again. 

Thank you very much for your help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL