Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display labels on project board?

Klaus Nymand November 4, 2019

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to show the label of the issue on the board overview page here:

I'm currently on the free plan and just created an account today.

I tried searching and it looks like it's possible but can't figure it out.

3 answers

1 accepted

9 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2019

Hi @Klaus Nymand ,

You can configure cards on a board to display up to three additional fields. The fields can be different for the Backlog and Active sprints, if you are using a Scrum board.

To add fields to cards:

• Click the Jira icon (, , , or ) > Projects > then select the relevant project.
  • Go to your Scrum backlog, Active sprints, Kanban backlog (if enabled), or Kanban board.
  • Go to ••• > Board settings and click Card layout.
  • Add or delete fields as desired
  • .Enable the Days in column toggle to display how many days an issue has been in the board columns.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/customizing-cards-764478020.html

kb.jpg

Klaus Nymand November 4, 2019

I'm having a hard time finding the "Board Settings" where should I go from here?

Like Adam Genshaft likes this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2019

The board setting is in the upper right corner of the page. It seems that you do not have the administrator rights for this setting.

Like François Bouchard likes this
Klaus Nymand November 5, 2019

This is strange - I created the account and the project, I even added my account to every group and I'm admin: 00000495Is this feature even available on the free plan?

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 5, 2019

Hi @Klaus Nymand ,

Sorry, I noticed that you are using the jira-core business project.

The functions I mentioned only included in software project types in Jira-software.

Business projects basics

Klaus Nymand November 5, 2019

Oh okay I see, thanks for the help!

3 votes
Team Logistics Sigma September 16, 2022

Hi, this may explain my problem as well. I am working in a team managed project and want to add labels to my card. I don't see "Card layout" as on option. Can anyone assist me on how to do this? 2022_09_16_11_16_13_Window.png

0 votes
Eli Szus April 13, 2021

@Ollie Guan 

Is this still valid?

I can't find any of the settings you mentioned.

I want to show labels on the cards.

Thanks.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2021

However, the above method is not applicable to next-generation projects.

Eli Szus April 15, 2021

Thanks. Perhaps that should be noted somehow in the documentation about it. I didn't see anywhere that it mentions which version it applies to.

Tadeáš Valenta
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 3, 2024

And is there any option in the next generation projects to show labels on the board if I can't see the Card layout option in the settings.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events