Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Jira Tasks in Outlook

Mark Janecek May 5, 2023

I am using Jira Work Management, and it provides a calendar view. The calendar view in Jira provides the option to generate a link for the calendar, which I have tried to add to my Outlook Calendars using both the web client of Outlook and the Windows client. By add, I mean took the link Jira generated, then used the Add Internet Calendar Subscription option in Outlook and pasted in the link. It then processes the calendar but it never actually displays any tasks. I also tried this with Google calendar and had the same result.

Does this feature work? Is there a procedure that works for what I am trying to do? Any help appreciated...

3 answers

0 votes
Dylan Titmuss August 21, 2023

Hi @Britta Neugebauer _yasoon_

I am also trying to integrate issues from Jira into my Outlook Calendar and haven't found a way to do so yet, so I wanted to ask whether you've now added this functionality to your Microsoft 365 for Jira app?

Thank you!

Britta Neugebauer _yasoon_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 22, 2023

Hi there @Dylan Titmuss 

Thank you for reaching out! As of now, it is not possible to bring issue dates to Outlook. What you can do though is to schedule Outlook calendar meetings coming from a Jira issue: Meetings: Availabilities & Meetings (yasoon.com)

Depending on your use case, this might be an alternative. The planned events are linked to the issue and you can see everything transparently in Jira and in your Outlook calendar. If you want to learn more, feel free to book a demo with us: Meet Microsoft 365 for Jira (office365.com) 

Happy Tuesday :)

Best,

Britta

0 votes
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 8, 2023

Thank you  @Trudy Claspill for linking the previous question. 

@Mark Janecek , related to your question: I work for yasoon, the company developing the app "Microsoft 365 for Jira". We have an Outlook integration for Jira in place.  You can integrate your Outlook calendar in Jira, but bringing issue dates to Outlook is not possible so far. 

If you want to share more about your use case, we can advise you. I'd recommend to book a meeting with us here: Meet Microsoft 365 for Jira (office365.com)

Happy Monday 😊

Best,
Britta

Andrea Chiericati February 6, 2024

Hi, @Britta Neugebauer _yasoon_ i configured your plugin in our Jira Cloud.

Do you confirm that is not possibile to display issues deadline in my Outllok calendar connected?

KR

Marketplace Partner
February 6, 2024

Hi @Andrea ChiericatiI just saw your support ticket with our team, so I hope everything is sorted out now. Happy Tuesday :)

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2023

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events