Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Bulk-cloning of Jira issues

Hi!

How can a user clone a bulk of issues in a project at a time?

4 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Thank you for your answer!

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @anuta_lucky

Welcome to the community!

You can use Clone Plus for Jira to bulk clone a number of issues from a project or different projects to the same or different project. This is available for Cloud and DC hosting options. Full disclosure: I'm the product manager for the app. 

If you have questions or feedback about Clone Plus for Jira, please get in touch with us directly.

Regards,

Nishanth T

There is no native Jira function to bulk clone issues. Only to bulk edit, move, transition, delete and watch, but you can use Jira automation to clone issues, if it fits your use case!

Hi Lisa, can we use the bulk clone to clone the subtask inside the issue as well ? thanks!

A little late but could be helpful, nevertheless: You can always export then reimport after removing the Issue key and any other Jira assigned values from the import file (i.e, keeping the fields you added — summary, description, etc)

0 votes

Another option to bulk clone issues would be our Jira cloud app Deep Clone for Jira.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have questions or feedback.

This was the one I was going to suggest.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Work Management

Join us for a live demo of Jira Work Management

Interested in learning more about Jira Work Management? Have questions you want to get answered? Join us for our upcoming live demo where we’ll take you through the essentials of Jira Work Manageme...

1,704 views 4 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you